Tunnels from City Station

Places to explore
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Phill_d wrote: chomic wrote: I've found a tunnel entrance under New Briggate, I'll try getting a photo tonight. It's bricked up at the moment, I'll try and persuade the owner of the building to let someone have a look. I thought i'd seen this blocked off arch under the Wrens on secret Leeds before. The landlady Dawn got in touch with me about 2 months ago to go have a look at it. I was hoping for something really exciting. My initial thoughts were confirmed after much swinging of the lump hammer to find you come to solid concrete behind the breeze block. It was only an old window in the cellar and there had been a grill over the pavement above to let in daylight. These small wells had been filled in with concrete when the new tac tile paving had been layed above. Still it was worth checking out in case. That's another secret tunnel rumour crossed off the list I'm afraid.     'Just off for a pint Mam'.... What's in the bag dear? 'Oh just a lump hammer, wreckingbar and my Hilti'

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

ha ha. nice one. No I'm afraid I can come & go these days without any explanations to anyone. Hence all the top secret activities lol. Well at least my 13 year old girl thinks dad is 'well cool' It's not often you get that is it?
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

simonm

Post by simonm »

Phill_d wrote: Well at least my 13 year old girl thinks dad is 'well cool' It's not often you get that is it? Thats great. She could have thought you a big wierdo, crawling round muddy holes.
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

simonm wrote: Phill_d wrote: Well at least my 13 year old girl thinks dad is 'well cool' It's not often you get that is it? Thats great. She could have thought you a big wierdo, crawling round muddy holes. Nah not a chance mate I'm only 5'8'' lol
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

simonm

Post by simonm »

Phill_d wrote: simonm wrote: Phill_d wrote: Well at least my 13 year old girl thinks dad is 'well cool' It's not often you get that is it? Thats great. She could have thought you a big wierdo, crawling round muddy holes. Nah not a chance mate I'm only 5'8'' lol So am I, but enough of my waist line thankyou very much!
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

hamster wrote: hi i was wondering i got told there r tunnels under temple newsam house. does anyone now where they lead ? There is a tunnel under Temple Newsam house that you can access on guided tours from time to time. I've been down but unfortunately lost my pics. It runs from the basement of the North Wing to the South Wing [East end of course]. It was used by the staff - the kitchens etc were in the North wing basement and the tunnel allowed quicker access to the South Wing than going right round via the West Wing.
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.