Leeds Woodhouse moor air raid shelter and other war relics around Leeds story

Places to explore
drapesy

Post by drapesy »

This relatively large hump is in Cross Flatts park - I couldn't find any sign of an entrance - but I can't say I searched for very long!(too hot)
Attachments
__TFMF_lndi2c45aqlkj2rgxmuxgh55_64f08c60-b019-4029-bbe5-7b064bfdef8d_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_lndi2c45aqlkj2rgxmuxgh55_64f08c60-b019-4029-bbe5-7b064bfdef8d_0_main.jpg (837.58 KiB) Viewed 1751 times
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Nice one Drapsey.You would have walked down a few steps into the entrance.They filled them in and grassed them over.That's why there's never any visible sign how you got in them.They never seem to cut the grass on top of the Cross Flatts shelter.You can see that on the google earth image i put on my story.I think you can see remains of one of the hatches concreted over (you could a few years ago anyway) The grass might have grown over it now though.I know they dug into the shelter on Chapel Allerton a few years ago, they were building the new playground and didn't know it was there.It was in the Y.E.P about this shock air raid shelter find lol         
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!