The YTV "Y"

Unusual markings, logos and symbols around the city
stevief

Post by stevief »

Whatever happened to the giant letter "Y" which used to stand over the entrance to Yorkshire TV on Kirkstall Road?

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

There has been a subtle rebranding of this organisation recently, I wonder if its because of that? The signs out side no longer say 'Yorkshire Television' or even 'YTV' but ' ITV Yorkshire'.
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

drapesy wrote: There has been a subtle rebranding of this organisation recently, I wonder if its because of that? The signs out side no longer say 'Yorkshire Television' or even 'YTV' but ' ITV Yorkshire'. That's because the whole of ITV now belongs to Granada. If you look at who produces Countdown or Emmerdale it says Granada Yorkshire.
Industria Omnia Vincit

stevief

Post by stevief »

I know they were taken over by Granada a few years ago I assumethat's when the sign was taken down.It was their own independant logo and I only noticed its absence last weekend.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

stevief wrote: I know they were taken over by Granada a few years ago I assumethat's when the sign was taken down.It was their own independant logo and I only noticed its absence last weekend. Yeah me too stevie,wondered whats happened to the "Y"was used to seeing that through all my youth on tv and whenever passing there.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Yorkshireranger

Post by Yorkshireranger »

They couldn't win the "War of the Roses" it's their way of sneaking in by the back door ................watch out all you tykes