The Aliens have landed

Unusual markings, logos and symbols around the city
Si

Post by Si »

Phill_d wrote: AliceCake wrote: I was having some problems getting onto the site yesterday... Apparently it didn't exist, but it does now. Perhaps this is the reason it was quiet? I think my mate csnosi was having the same problem as you Alice.. he couldn't get on the site either Me too.

liits

Post by liits »

Slightly off topic but related to aliens landing, nevertheless.In a previous employment.... we had gotten a call from an old dear [picture the grandma from Catherine Tate] who claimed that aliens had landed in the back yard of her neighbour. Off we went and discovered that the address was a through terrace type house. The old dear opened the door and went through the "sorry to bother you but..." rigmaroll.As she lead us through the house she continued with "I don't know, first we had all the bloody darkies movin' in, then it was the Pakistanis now we've got the bleedin' Martians!" Out in her back yard I could see over the wall that her neighbour had installed the biggest satelite dish, one of the ground mounted steerable type. This was in the days when satelite TV was new, boy did it take some explaining!

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

AliceCake wrote: I was having some problems getting onto the site yesterday... Apparently it didn't exist, but it does now. Perhaps this is the reason it was quiet? yes thats right,all i got was the same yesterday.
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

liits wrote: Slightly off topic but related to aliens landing, nevertheless.In a previous employment.... we had gotten a call from an old dear [picture the grandma from Catherine Tate] who claimed that aliens had landed in the back yard of her neighbour. Off we went and discovered that the address was a through terrace type house. The old dear opened the door and went through the "sorry to bother you but..." rigmaroll.As she lead us through the house she continued with "I don't know, first we had all the bloody darkies movin' in, then it was the Pakistanis now we've got the bleedin' Martians!" Out in her back yard I could see over the wall that her neighbour had installed the biggest satelite dish, one of the ground mounted steerable type. This was in the days when satelite TV was new, boy did it take some explaining! ha ha! love it!
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

wiggy wrote: AliceCake wrote: I was having some problems getting onto the site yesterday... Apparently it didn't exist, but it does now. Perhaps this is the reason it was quiet? yes thats right,all i got was the same yesterday. only way i got on the site was through my Email link!!
Love a Landrover

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

How come there was all this aggro logging into the site last night? i just clicked my favourites as usual. It worked fine.. I noticed this thread only had 7 views all night. 2 of them were mine
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

Phill_d wrote: How come there was all this aggro logging into the site last night? i just clicked my favourites as usual. It worked fine.. I noticed this thread only had 7 views all night. 2 of them were mine i tried it that way Phil and i just got a message saying the site was unavailable or had been renamed!! go figure!!
Love a Landrover

simonm

Post by simonm »

And another one!!
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

Si

Post by Si »

Just seen this chap on the canal bridge on Canal Road, Armley.

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

It's gotta be 'Caspar'! Remember the ghost cartoon?Wonder if the " Graffiti Artist" might nip over fromArmley and do a muriel (!) on the North StreetCaspar apartments! Might frighten the drunksoff their 'whilking'!! Sorry, LS1 ! (See Kierentc's threadregarding the HW Poole building)Arry