Arched Men

Unusual markings, logos and symbols around the city
kane

Post by kane »

has anyone ever noticed the arched men near kirkstall rd.behind netto on kirkstall road you come across a road/bridge which leads to a golf course and some tennis courts.if you take a left when you cross the bridge you will notice you can veer of the road onto a grassy edge which leads along the river behind kirkstall leisure centre.i stumbled across this track drunkly one night after an argument with my boozed up ex-girlfriend when i ran off in a massive huff.the track led up to a small well hidden sandy area on the edge of the river and here the river opens up into a much larger calm almost lake like part of the river. this is directly behind the huge cinema on kirkstall road.i came back to this area (sober) a week later and followed the track in daylight to find i cud venture further thru a small kind of woodland which ends at the train track and canal.at the edge of the woodland is a large wall which divides the canal and the lwer ground which is the woodland bit.its here i found the trees with the arched men.four trees in close proximty to each other have huge archedmen carved into them. each carved character has its back arched so there heads are more or less making contact with there crotch and there hands appear to be dangling like a hung body.why are they there and who did them?does anyone else know about them or has seen them?they look as if they have been there for years.i'll take some pics on sunday!john.x

Troll

Post by Troll »

Hi Kane, have you got any pictures yet?Looking forward to seeing the carvings.
Go the Rhinos.

Foustace

Post by Foustace »

If not, ill go and take pictures, i live really close to there

stevief

Post by stevief »

I live close to the area and I've just been down there now,but Icouldn't find 'em.I know the spot well,it's a short-cut from Redcote Lane to the canal.

Heavenlybody

Post by Heavenlybody »

If anyone who visits here does get a picture of this - I would just love to see it!!! - please post asap.

PJ

Post by PJ »

Nearly killed myself scrabbling around the banks of the river.No sign of any Arched Men. Anyone else seen them?

JanCee

Post by JanCee »

How intriguing! Do you think Kane was having us on? This would seem to be something that would be widely known about if true. And it would have to be a pretty wide tree to have a 'huge' carving on it wouldn't it?

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

I think the clue is in the name here|!! KANE Adam and Eves' evil son!!!! lol!
Love a Landrover

simonm

Post by simonm »

I think the real clue to the lack of evidence is his line of "i stumbled across this track drunkly one night after an argument with my boozed up ex-girlfriend when i ran off in a massive huff."
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

He'll be down there now carving like mad so he can get some photographic evidence!
Love a Landrover