,Linear Landmarks,, Post

Unusual markings, logos and symbols around the city
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

cnosni wrote: Trig point exactly like one at Beeston Interestingly though not surprisingly, trig points are commonly found atop church towers - their height,certainly in times gone by, allowing the clear line of sight from one to the other necessary for the measuring instruments.To make life simple for those other than cartographers wishing to use these known height-reference points in surveying for building and so on, a bench mark will often be seen carved into the stone at the base of the structure. This takes the form of an upward pointing arrow under a short horizontal line. The prcise height of these was shown on Ordnace Survey maps and in published list.Although placed on what were considered 'permanent' structures, they are rapidly disappearing and certainly less used with the technology available today. end

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

MsJ2uk wrote: ,Linear Landmarks,,     Post     Sorry but i gotta ask........ why do you finish every post with the word 'post' ?????
Love a Landrover

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

rangieowner wrote: MsJ2uk wrote: ,Linear Landmarks,,     Post     Sorry but i gotta ask........ why do you finish every post with the word 'post' ????? Long story Rangie which is explained in this threadhttp://www.secretleeds.co.uk/forum/Messages.as ... 2Basically it is a technical issue based on the fact opera is being used as the browser and/or its on a mobile, which I assume makes it WAP.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

ahhh i see!!! WAP?? more like cr... oh never mind!!!
Love a Landrover

MsJ2uk

Post by MsJ2uk »

it maybe "cr" wap... i can do it on the move.. or on a bus.. or in the checkout que at asda..i get on web now and then...like today..look, no POST....lol
To the Skeptic, no proof is possible.To the Believer, no proof is necessary.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Life will never be the same again - I'll miss the final little ditties! Test. Post!!

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

i can do it on the bus too but the inspector nearly caught us last time!! as for asda i can do it in there too but the manager gets a bit annoyed!! lol!!
Love a Landrover