Toynbee Tile(s)?

Unusual markings, logos and symbols around the city
dsco
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 872
JoinedCOLON Fri 26 Jan, 2007 8:21 am

Postby dsco » Tue 23 Sep, 2014 11:49 am

This is fascinating - I have nothing useful to contribute but just thought I'd add a voice of approval! Also wanted to welcome Spat Cannon to the site, and give a big 'welcome back' to RikJ - great to have you back on board Regular Smiley
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.
Steve Jones
PostsCOLON 1501
JoinedCOLON Fri 18 Jan, 2008 2:41 pm
LocationCOLON Wakefield

Postby Steve Jones » Tue 23 Sep, 2014 7:32 pm

I presume you know about this documentary on the subject?:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1787791/

Have to see if I can find it online.
Steve Jones
I don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!
Spat Cannon
PostsCOLON 6
JoinedCOLON Sun 21 Sep, 2014 9:42 am

Postby Spat Cannon » Tue 23 Sep, 2014 7:36 pm

Yes, thanks. I actually included a link to the trailer in my original post. It was made by people I know. Someone sent them the photo and it got passed on to me to investigate. Sadly I can't find the whole thing on line, but I did see it when it first came out.

Thanks
-S.
Steve Jones
PostsCOLON 1501
JoinedCOLON Fri 18 Jan, 2008 2:41 pm
LocationCOLON Wakefield

Postby Steve Jones » Wed 24 Sep, 2014 1:20 pm

Spat Cannon wrote:
Yes, thanks. I actually included a link to the trailer in my original post. It was made by people I know. Someone sent them the photo and it got passed on to me to investigate. Sadly I can't find the whole thing on line, but I did see it when it first came out.

Thanks
-S.

Apologies I missed the link.
I managed to find it online last night and watched it.A very good documentary, and pretty good evidence that the original tiler was/is Severino Verna.The Leeds tile though ,as mentioned earlier, was in all likelihood not placed by him.
Steve Jones
I don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Return to