Number '10' on roof of Lawnswood Government Buildings - Why?

Unusual markings, logos and symbols around the city
jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

While I was checking out the new style 360 degree views you can get when zoomed into Google maps satellite views I noticed on the roof of the Lawnswood Government Buildings just off the Otley Road near Adel a large number '10' painted in yellow letters. At first I thought it was maybe a speed limit notice, but then I realised it wasnt painted on the road at all, but on the flat roof of the offices that make up the government buildings complex. So this wouldnt be visible to anyone other than someone flying over in an aircraft. The number '10' is almost exactly in the centre of the complex and just to the right (looking from above) of the old RSG nuclear bunker. Why would a large number '10' in 15' high letters be painted on the roof? It really gets the conspiracy theory alarm bells ringing. Who is it there for? What does it mean? Does the number '10' mean this is the tenth in a series of such rooftop painted numeral? How many more numbers like this are painted on the roof of secret underground goverment nuclear bases? Is this where the Kirkstall Abbey Tunnel really emerges...?!?! ...we are through the looking glass here people! I have an awful feeling that within 15 minutes of posting this message my door will be smashed off its hinges by some secret government agency and I'll have a black cloth bag thrown over my head and a large hypodermic syringe worth of diazepam thrust into my arm and tomorrow evening I'll be waking up in a padded cell with beethovens 9th blaring out...
Attachments
lwood1.jpg
lwood1.jpg (166 KiB) Viewed 5752 times
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Sorry to burst your bubble Jon but a close look at the picture shows that the 10 is painted on the road behind the building.You can see the edge of the roof in front of it .Referencing the cars parked in bays in front shows the roads, and that it is just a speed limit.As to what might be hidden in the buildings......<G>.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

I think it's on the roof looking at the shadows.Could be an 'emergency' helicopter landing pad for flying the top civil servants in to the bunker, the "10" referring to the maximum weight..?
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

The 10 is painted on the roof without a doubt. It will be a building ID I think as there is no Heli Pad there.
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

Steve Jones wrote: Sorry to burst your bubble Jon but a close look at the picture shows that the 10 is painted on the road behind the building.You can see the edge of the roof in front of it .Referencing the cars parked in bays in front shows the roads, and that it is just a speed limit.As to what might be hidden in the buildings......<G>. Thanks for taking a close look at the image Steve, but why would the number, if it was painted on the road, be painted perpendicular to the flow of traffic? Of course its not on the road, unless the road goes right over the roof of the buildings, although its weird how the yellow paint is the same colour as other road markings... OMG! And I've just noticed something even stranger... if you look to the lower left of the number ten you can see several configurations of squares on the roofs of the buildings... it looks like.. someone is playing... TETRIS!!
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

buffaloskinner wrote: The 10 is painted on the roof without a doubt. It will be a building ID I think as there is no Heli Pad there. Thats what they want you to think...
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

I wondered whether it referred to the Regional. Seat Of Government but, apparently, Lawnswood is for region 2:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_ ... Government

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

jonleeds wrote: Of course its not on the road, unless the road goes right over the roof of the buildings, although its weird how the yellow paint is the same colour as other road markings... OMG! And I've just noticed something even stranger... if you look to the lower left of the number ten you can see several configurations of squares on the roofs of the buildings... it looks like.. someone is playing... TETRIS!! you are right Jon,apologies I confused the entrance below as a separate building.I assume it is for people flying over to use but why I have no idea!
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Are you sure they are digits 1 & 0?Could it be letters I & O standing for In and Out, marking the main entrance to the building? Or if you look at it from the opposite direction, it could be 01.
The older I get, the better I was.

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

Bruno wrote: Are you sure they are digits 1 & 0?Could it be letters I & O standing for In and Out, marking the main entrance to the building? Or if you look at it from the opposite direction, it could be 01. It's definitely "10" as when you zoom in you can see the serifs [I think that's what they're called] on the '1'.