London buses?

Unusual markings, logos and symbols around the city
raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

On the maps positioned around Golden Acre Park, the bus stops on Leeds Road are marked with the famous London Transport (now Transport for London) logo.I wonder why? It's presumably copyrighted and Metro have their own symbol that has been used for years. Or is there now a direct but secret service to Piccadilly Circus from Golden Acre Park? (Perhaps it calls at Hyde Park en route?)
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

jim

Post by jim »

Perhaps it runs through a tunnel..................

majorhoundii

Post by majorhoundii »

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about the Leeds buses that were loaned to London during the war, if I'm not mistaken they used to have plaques in them to commemorate the fact.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

I think it more the lazy person who assembled it. In the park in Otley there's a display board about the Archimedes screw they have there and they have a picture of a sewage works in El Paso, straight off the internet, to show them in use today. Could have popped down to Knostrop for a more local example.

chemimike

Post by chemimike »

If you go to the tfl website ( http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ ) then the symbol at the top is in blue, so maybe they don't use the old one now

LS1

Post by LS1 »

Whilst we're on it, at the back of the park near the Dam end of the lake is a sign to Arthrington Lane rather than Arthington!It doesn't take much to get spelling right does it?