Dragonara

Unusual markings, logos and symbols around the city
JailhouseJoe

Post by JailhouseJoe »

HelloFirst post so please correct me if ive broke any serious equitette but Im sure Im at least posting in the right forum. Can anyone please help me with the following question. The Dragonara Hotel now the Hilton - did it have an accompanying logo, and if so what did it look like? My gut feeling tells me there was some kind of mathematical 3d shape like hexagons or something!Ive tried to post an attached image of what is in my head. Thanks for the swift reply Cardiarms!    
Attachments
__TFMF_3evpim2ihuoxudyjprws4kmj_d0e2f602-ec1c-4e40-9eb0-0abb325ca02d_0_main.gif
__TFMF_3evpim2ihuoxudyjprws4kmj_d0e2f602-ec1c-4e40-9eb0-0abb325ca02d_0_main.gif (1.47 KiB) Viewed 4622 times

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

I seem to remember it having some sort of lump outside.\http://www.leodis.org/display.aspx?reso ... SPLAY=FULL

gbdlufc

Post by gbdlufc »

I thought it was a butterfly in the primary colours? But probably wrong, it's been a while.

DOBBO

Post by DOBBO »

I worked at the from 1973 and stayed with Ladbrokes/Hilton until 1990 . When the hotel opened the logon was an image of the gates to the Dragonara Hotel in Malta ( which had some connection to the Stein family trust) after that there was a short lived connection with Ramada which produced one of the most unwieldy hotel names ever publicized and then back to Ladbroke Dragonara and then a few years later it was rebranded as a Hilton when Ladbrokes bought Hilton International. When I get home at the weekend I will try and post the logo on this site,
All knowledge is important