City of Culture

Unusual markings, logos and symbols around the city
anthonydna

Post by anthonydna »

Can I be the first to pass on my commiserations to Sheffield on failing to win the bid for the City of Culture. It appears the money spent on the bid has been wasted, hopefully now you can spend more money on lobbying central government on blocking the shocking Leeds Arena, a scheme which would not only give Leeds residents a few local concerts but may also prevent Bon Jovi having to stay in Sheffield, probably as close to LA excess as they dare get these days.

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

Is it me being paranoid or is Sheffield getting more than its fair share of airtime on Look North and Calendar these days?
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

Johnny39 wrote: Is it me being paranoid or is Sheffield getting more than its fair share of airtime on Look North and Calendar these days? Sheffield ,City of Culture? I've seen more culture in a Petrie dish!
ex-Armley lad

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

anthonydna wrote: Can I be the first to pass on my commiserations to Sheffield on failing to win the bid for the City of Culture. It appears the money spent on the bid has been wasted, hopefully now you can spend more money on lobbying central government on blocking the shocking Leeds Arena, a scheme which would not only give Leeds residents a few local concerts but may also prevent Bon Jovi having to stay in Sheffield, probably as close to LA excess as they dare get these days. First reading, this can be taken two ways! - I'm sure you are actually supporting our city in your post though

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Good old Sheffield, never knowing not having it's nose in the trough - or more accurately it's hand in the begging bowl.It's had more money spent on it than any city north of Brum, yet maintains it's inferiority complex.Glad to see they've missed out again, or I would have had to object on the basis that it was diverting money away from elsewhere in the region.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

If a City, or anything else, is nominated for an award, then surely it has already demonstrated its worthiness - so why does money have to be spent? An award would surely be made on the basis of what is readily demonstrated without effort being needed to promote it.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Johnny39 wrote: Is it me being paranoid or is Sheffield getting more than its fair share of airtime on Look North and Calendar these days? Yeah but its all about crime though.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]