Leeds International Pool

Unusual markings, logos and symbols around the city
exiled in essex

Post by exiled in essex »

A sign of sorts......anyone who remembers this may well chuckle.In the 1970's, on the Inner Ring Road (westbound), there was a road sign for the International Swimming Pool, but for years and years it read 'Leeds International Swimming Poo' as someone had removed the 'L'. As a child, I used to have hysterics whenever we passed it, and it still makes me laugh now (grow up!!).Does anyone else recall this piece of constructive vandalism?

bigpants

Post by bigpants »

on a simmilar vein, for donkeys years the scoreboard in the kop at elland road had a "K" in visitors instead of the "R" with either a bit of tape or black paint across the top to make it more "R-like". not that LUFC were too cheap to buy another letter when the old R fell off. Still back in those days we occassionaly beat the visitoks....

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

One from my old school days when the buses had the 'EMERGENCY EXIT' sign above the door. Someone scraped bits of untill till it read vI RGI N    EXIT. Of course it was hilarious for schoolboys in those days :-0
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/