Gouranga :-)

Unusual markings, logos and symbols around the city
Brandy

Post by Brandy »

chameleon wrote: Brandy wrote: chameleon wrote: Barwicker wrote: Only a minor niggle.......where has an H. Funny, that's one of my blind spots too, whan ever I write were of where, I have to say them tomyself to make sure I've got the right one! yas i new whit your mean Chameleeleoloen Brandy, have you seen that new thing on google maps yet - is it called sneak view or something     ROFL
Attachments
__TFMF_3w3djc55el0t4niutv1nja45_a9ec6379-da60-42da-aebe-e62f6172237a_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_3w3djc55el0t4niutv1nja45_a9ec6379-da60-42da-aebe-e62f6172237a_0_main.jpg (33.3 KiB) Viewed 4466 times
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Brandy wrote: chameleon wrote: Brandy wrote: chameleon wrote: Barwicker wrote: Only a minor niggle.......where has an H. Funny, that's one of my blind spots too, whan ever I write were of where, I have to say them tomyself to make sure I've got the right one! yas i new whit your mean Chameleeleoloen Brandy, have you seen that new thing on google maps yet - is it called sneak view or something     ROFL Naah, thats from seaview.com surely.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Your the man Brandy lol :-)
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

That wall - Chapel Allerton maybe?

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

chameleon wrote: That wall - Chapel Allerton maybe? No mate,I see were your coming from though.They do have that kind of stonework up that way i agree.I'm surprised the coat of arms isn't more recogniseable.It's certalinly stands out as different.I'm quite guilty of walking past it a thousand times without taking a good look at it myself.I never noticed all the detail before.I like the suns on it.
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

simon2710

Post by simon2710 »

I was told, by obviously someone who didn't know too much about "gouranga", that they were bicycle parts! hah
Simon -H-

simon2710

Post by simon2710 »

Just to let everyone know, I saw a Couranga man down Briggate earlier this week. He was dressed in Orange and was wearing a sash sort of thing that said Gouranga/Couranga down it. Anybody else see him?No he wasn't a figment of my imagination, as the Bradford Monk is to everyone's!
Simon -H-

Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

Its a Hare Krishna (not Buddhist) word meaning "be happy" - you still see a few around motorway bridges etc but the grafitti seems to have peaked mid-late 90s.PS As someone who spent nearly 20 years on (and off) the rave scene (up here and in London from 1988 onwards) I've never heard it connected to that scene in the remotest way...

Mork of Ork

Post by Mork of Ork »

In the original Grand Theft Auto there was sometimes groups of Hare Krishnas about and if you ran over them all at once it said GOURANGA! in huge letters across the screen.

jesusofsuburbia

Gouranga!

Post by jesusofsuburbia »

Recently this has been popping up all around Leeds. I walked down the canal from the city centre towards wakefield, that route was full of Hare Krishna graffiti - and its beautiful.

(credit to phil for above image - dib lane)

Found this at Mount St. Mary's skate park - have some not-so-nice childhood memories here. Good to see a positive vibe for once.