MOST DANGEROUS ZEBRA CROSSING IN LEEDS ??

Unusual markings, logos and symbols around the city
BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

This must surely be the zebra crossing on the hill at the top of Monkbridge Road, where it joins Meanwood Road. This very awkward uncontrolled four way junction is bad enough traffic-wise, but to cap it all if you are turning left or right from Meanwood Road or Stonegate Road into Monkbridge Road you have more than enough to concentrate on without encountering an oblique zebra crossing BEFORE you can straighten up the vehicle to see both sides of the crossing. The crossing is far too near the junction and I've lost count of the number of pedestrians who have had to hold back or jump clear when drivers simply can't see them in time - especially those pedestrians walking straight onto the crossing while gabbling into mobile phones or listening to the radio without even looking at all. Since the new buildings were erected on the site of the Becketts Pub I doubt if its even possible now to resite the crossing.    
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

Lilysmum

Post by Lilysmum »

I know of a dangerous zebra crossing near a school in Guiseley! Now don't get me wrong I think "crossing patrol personel"do an admirable job but the guy on this crossing is a menace to traffic. He leaps out into the road to stop cars for people 50 yards away from the zebra who in a lot of instances aren't intending to cross and I think some people feel obliged to cross the road even if they don't really want to. Instead of waiting for a group of mums and kids and crossing them all together he darts back and forth letting a couple of cars through at a time causing a backup of traffic at school time.Its a miracle he hasn't been run over himself.

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

There's a bit of a mad one right at the bottom end of Easy Road too, just as you turn the corner - in fact there's hardly room TO turn the corner before you have to stop if someones on the crossing.
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.