Guinness Clock - Corn Exchange

Public timepieces, on buildings, churches, etc.
Brandy

Post by Brandy »

BLAKEY wrote: It was an enormous display - very impressive - and occupied more than 50% of the gable end of the buildings.If someone can kindly suggest how I can post it I will do it straight away Trojan has kindly offered an explanation of what's wrong but to no avail yet. I've scanned it already and saved it as normal in My Pictures. blakey if you email me it at (now taken down) il post itthen i will take down my addy    
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Brandy wrote: BLAKEY wrote: It was an enormous display - very impressive - and occupied more than 50% of the gable end of the buildings.If someone can kindly suggest how I can post it I will do it straight away Trojan has kindly offered an explanation of what's wrong but to no avail yet. I've scanned it already and saved it as normal in My Pictures. blakey if you email me it at (now taken down) il post itthen i will take down my addy     Sorry, logged off before I saw this, and missed the address ??
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Send it to me if you like and I'll do it for you [email protected]
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

sundowner wrote: The Guiness Clock allso had a mural around it think i stated Tucans in there nests agree Guiness is good for you cant remember next bit but ended and you will see what one or two can do.I remember a picture of a tucan in bright yellow black and orange.I had forgotten that the trams cut through under it untill i saw the pictures from Leodis the mind plays funny tricks. HiSundownerI posted this Toucan rhyme on a thread dealing with the samemurals which have appeared on this gable end over the years.I thnk it was a pic Isent in of the back of the Regent pub.It's probably under 'signs of Leeds'? over a year ago.Herewith the 'Toucan' logo!If he can say as you can, 'Guinness is good for you'How grand to be a Toucan,Just think what Two can do!'Owzat?    

sundowner

Post by sundowner »

'Arry 'Awk wrote: sundowner wrote: The Guiness Clock allso had a mural around it think i stated Tucans in there nests agree Guiness is good for you cant remember next bit but ended and you will see what one or two can do.I remember a picture of a tucan in bright yellow black and orange.I had forgotten that the trams cut through under it untill i saw the pictures from Leodis the mind plays funny tricks. HiSundownerI posted this Toucan rhyme on a thread dealing with the samemurals which have appeared on this gable end over the years.I thnk it was a pic Isent in of the back of the Regent pub.It's probably under 'signs of Leeds'? over a year ago.Herewith the 'Toucan' logo!If he can say as you can, 'Guinness is good for you'How grand to be a Toucan,Just think what Two can do!'Owzat?     Great stuff Arry Awk just shows what tricks your mind can play i dont know were my verse came from.Could i be going round the twist?

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Right everyone, calm down. Here's Blakeys pic... ... ...
Attachments
__TFMF_ep0fmp552muoxj555hbebfef_a7fd6af7-8663-4465-a864-88aec39f3b4e_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_ep0fmp552muoxj555hbebfef_a7fd6af7-8663-4465-a864-88aec39f3b4e_0_main.jpg (29.46 KiB) Viewed 128441 times
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Chrism wrote: Right everyone, calm down. Here's Blakeys pic... ... ... That's definitely it.
Industria Omnia Vincit

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Chrism wrote: Right everyone, calm down. Here's Blakeys pic... ... ... Thanks indeed Chrism - regrettably its such a poor original picture that, for those not remembering the clock, I'll just add :-The word "Guinness" (a neon sign I believe ??) occupies the entire width of the top of the feature, the final "S" being above the left roof dome of the tram. The actual clock is the black circle showing approximately ten to six in the picture. I must admit that, even though I remember the feature very well, I had forgotten just how huge it was.I'm sure a better picture will turn up and if so I'll put it on.
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Hurray! Am I remembering correctly that across the bottom montage, lights would illuminate alternately as if a ball was being thrown back and forth? I may be thinking of a later incarnation of this gable end.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Geordie-exile wrote: Hurray! Am I remembering correctly that across the bottom montage, lights would illuminate alternately as if a ball was being thrown back and forth? I may be thinking of a later incarnation of this gable end. Mmmmm - got me there Geordie I'm afraid - perhaps someone will know.     Mind you, I'm always suspicious of flashing lights - they are sometimes caused by a pint or two too many