horse meat

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Reginal Perrin

Post by Reginal Perrin »

Chrism wrote: I remember in the 70's there being rumours of transport cafes selling horse meat in pies. If you went into a transport cafe and the menu was 'Meat and Potatoe pie, Meat and Kidney pie, Meat and Onion pie' then you were possibly getting horse meat as they hadn't said what kind of meat it really was! Who knows!!!!!     Well they missed a trick there I reckon as saying "steak" doesn't identify the meat either. And to be honest when a "steak" is chopped up it ceases to be a steak so "steak and kidney" is a bit of a nonesense anyway. Meat and potato has never been anything else as far as i know.
Ravioli, ravioli followed by ravioli. I happen to like ravioli.

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

i had some in tenerife,94,you can tell by looking,but its alright.
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

volvojack

Re:

Post by volvojack »

fevlad wrote:I remember when my mam used to take me to leeds on the bus, we used to go past a horse meat shop as we came into Leedswhat was the horse meat for human comsumption or pet food ? no offence meant-horse meat is eaten in many countries

There was a Horseflesh shop on Meadow Lane and another one under the Railway arch by the Lloyds. Arms, both did a good trade and I am sure that this was as the notice displayed "For Human Consumption" as a kid I worked at Elland Road Greyhound track and odd times I was sent down for some meat to the Meadow Lane shop, this meat was chopped up and given to a "Special" greyhound for the week before he / she ran in a big race.

Would bet we all have and are still having Horse meat without realising it. more so these days when there are so many flavours added.