Ugliest/worst building in Leeds

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

The hideous blue coloured apartments that have been put up next to the Etap Hotel look set to be an eyesore for future years!
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

lister

Post by lister »

I nominate....1 Mill Street, Leeds, LS9 8NANo idea what the planners were thinking with this beauty!
Attachments
__TFMF_i3cpy445piimdc55qsrkfvvy_4f2b4eb6-05eb-40e6-91f0-f838509f59e8_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_i3cpy445piimdc55qsrkfvvy_4f2b4eb6-05eb-40e6-91f0-f838509f59e8_0_main.jpg (18.57 KiB) Viewed 2045 times

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

lister wrote: I nominate....1 Mill Street, Leeds, LS9 8NANo idea what the planners were thinking with this beauty! AND I SECOND THAT!!!HIDEOUS IS TOO KIND A WORD FOR THIS BLOT ON THE LANDSCAPE!
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

lister wrote: I nominate....1 Mill Street, Leeds, LS9 8NANo idea what the planners were thinking with this beauty! Planned with lego bricks I think
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

lister

Post by lister »

Glad I have had some agreement, I was talking about this with a workmate not long since and he loves it..... his words were 'modern art meets modern architecture"If thats the case you can keep both of them for me!

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

I agre with Lister, hideous!the building I referred to earlier in the thread is on the other side of the Etap hotel from Lister's picture and paintied a fetching shade of " blue green retch"
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

It's amazing how many of these disliked buidlings are either specifically designed as student accomodation, or have become largely occupied by students because no-one else seems to want to live there...."City Island" (the new flats behind the YEP being a prime example. Built as mixed residential, but now mainly buy to let with students being the only sizeable market at the moment.The new student accomodation blocks (tallest student accomodation in Europe!) going up alongside the Inner Ring Road look set to join them in the ugly stakes...
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

lister wrote: I nominate....1 Mill Street, Leeds, LS9 8NANo idea what the planners were thinking with this beauty! Yes that is pretty dire. Who the hell sanctioned the building of something as bizarrely ugly as that!
Industria Omnia Vincit

carrotol

Post by carrotol »

I wonder if the students admit that they live there?Maybe they think it's 'cool'

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

raveydavey wrote: The new student accomodation blocks (tallest student accomodation in Europe!) going up alongside the Inner Ring Road look set to join them in the ugly stakes... If it (the plaza) sticks to the latest render I have seen here http://www.leeds-cityscape.co.uk/The_Plaza.htm it won't be too bad but this is toned down from previous versions I have seen
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/