The Old Seacroft Shopping Centre

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
deaniepops

Post by deaniepops »

hi is it possible to buy this booklet anywhere. id love to own this looks great" The Seacroft Town Centre- a unique development by Leeds City Council"

deaniepops

Post by deaniepops »

keyholekate wrote: Seacroft Centre hi is it possible to buy this booklet anywhere. id love to own this looks great" The Seacroft Town Centre- a unique development by Leeds City Council"    

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

deaniepops wrote: keyholekate wrote: Seacroft Centre hi is it possible to buy this booklet anywhere. id love to own this looks great" The Seacroft Town Centre- a unique development by Leeds City Council"     Have had a quick look on the tinterweb and i cant see any examples for sale.Cant see anything on Leeds City Libraries catalogue,neither on the British Library online catalogueon a different note i came across this for any serious Quarry Hill aficianadoshttp://books.google.co.uk/books?id=LbXcAAAAQBAJ&pg=PA209&dq=quarry+hill&hl=en&sa=X&ei=SE-sUpiGPIGI7AbC6YCoDw&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=quarry%20hill&f=false(not sure if that will be too big a link)
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

deaniepops wrote: hi is it possible to buy this booklet anywhere. id love to own this looks great" The Seacroft Town Centre- a unique development by Leeds City Council" I don't know if it's this specific booklet, but the Reference Library had a copy of a publication that included the full plans for the centre. I can only assume that they'll still have it.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

deaniepops

Post by deaniepops »

Jogon wrote: some images on the youtube 'rise & fall of 60's Leeds' i look forward to seeing your photos of patels and the batmobil.e i was there i do remember a little as i was probably about 11 years old but did not own a camara, i do miss the center and its charm.patels was easly the best shop there for me as i loved there toys and airfix models, dam they had loads, but could only afford the little ones. great days indeed.

keyholekate

Post by keyholekate »

[quotenick="deaniepops"] keyholekate wrote: Seacroft Centre hi is it possible to buy this booklet anywhere. id love to own this looks great" The Seacroft Town Centre- a unique development by Leeds City Council"    [/quoteI bought it off ebay Nick

j.c.d.

Post by j.c.d. »

Archer wrote: I remember in my late teens/early 20s it was always leeds town centre saturdays but friday was always local.But what locals! Cricketers, Pathfinder,Staging Post, Whinmoor,The Mill Bar and then our very own nightclub SEDANS! Yes I know this club was destined to fail but had some great times in there anyway. Being able to walk home after a club ( hopefully with a girl! ) was a real novelty.Great memories! ( except for the odd fight! ) My late Brother Peter Daly was a variety agent and he booked Bob Monkhouse to open the nightclub in the centre.

Wiggy2

Re: The Old Seacroft Shopping Centre

Post by Wiggy2 »

What was the menswear shop called in seacroft centre?
I once bought some leather trousers there (stop it) it was 1982.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

Was it the Man For All Seasons?
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

warringtonrhino

Post by warringtonrhino »

These are some of the drawings I did at Seacroft Town Centre 50 years ago.
Attachments
ramp at Seacroft Town Centre.JPG
ramp at Seacroft Town Centre.JPG (490.41 KiB) Viewed 3660 times
footbridge to Seacroft Town Centre.JPG
footbridge to Seacroft Town Centre.JPG (482.73 KiB) Viewed 3660 times
At Seacroft bowling alley.JPG
At Seacroft bowling alley.JPG (506.49 KiB) Viewed 3660 times