Seven Arches Aqueduct over Adel Beck, Leeds.

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Leodian

Seven Arches Aqueduct over Adel Beck, Leeds.

Postby Leodian » Sat 30 Dec, 2017 2:08 pm

There are mentions in Secret Leeds threads about the Seven Arches Aqueduct over Adel Beck in north Leeds but, unless I missed it on a search, there does not seem to be a thread relating specifically to that aqueduct so I have started this. For much of the year it is hard to get good photographs of the aqueduct due to tree leaves and other plant growth covering a lot of the view. Now that the leaves have fallen and plants have died back some better views are seen. These are 3 photos I took on December 25 2017. The first is a view of the aqueduct looking across from the Adel side to the Alwoodley side and the second is an opposite direction view. The third is perhaps a less often seen view looking downstream where Adel Beck runs under the aqueduct (only part of the aqueduct is in this photo). I hope the photos are of interest.
7ArchesAqueductViewAdelToAlwoodleyNorthLeedsDec252017..jpg
7ArchesAqueductViewAdelToAlwoodleyNorthLeedsDec252017..jpg (186.27 KiB) Viewed 692 times

7ArchesAqueductViewAlwoodleyToAdelNorthLeedsDec252017..jpg
7ArchesAqueductViewAlwoodleyToAdelNorthLeedsDec252017..jpg (187.19 KiB) Viewed 692 times

AdelBeckDownstreamViewBeneathPartOf7ArchesAqueductNorthLeedsDec252017..jpg
AdelBeckDownstreamViewBeneathPartOf7ArchesAqueductNorthLeedsDec252017..jpg (184.31 KiB) Viewed 692 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.
Loiner in Cyprus

Re: Seven Arches Aqueduct over Adel Beck, Leeds.

Postby Loiner in Cyprus » Sat 30 Dec, 2017 4:35 pm

Nice photos. Brings back memories. As a youngster in the early 50s a special day out for my brother and I with my mam and dad was to catch a bus to Meanwood then walk to the Seven Arches for a picnic. Then a weary walk back for the bus. The last time I visited, probably early 60s, there were no railings on the arches.

Return to