Old Scrap Yard

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Dicky Dido

Post by Dicky Dido »

Am I the only person who remembers an old scrap yard somewhere in the Crown Point Bridge area ?? It had an old vintage car on the top of the yard wall. I think it was a Model 'T' and was used to advertise the yard. I suppose I last saw it in the late 50's or early 60's.

Hotitalian

Post by Hotitalian »

You are indeed right Dicky, in one of the many "Old Leeds" type of books available, there is a pic of the scrap yard and car, If i can find it at home, i will scan it and put it on here.
Hot

jf

Post by jf »

There's still an old car (in a somewhat dilapidated state) at the scrapyard on tong road, though a lot of the rest of the scrap has been cleared in recent years, which included a lot of old military trucks and commercial vehicles dating back many decades. I'm guessing the site will inevitably be developed for housing before long.53.7934963376, -1.6026000245 on google earth

volvojack

Re:

Post by volvojack »

Dicky Dido wrote:Am I the only person who remembers an old scrap yard somewhere in the Crown Point Bridge area ?? It had an old vintage car on the top of the yard wall. I think it was a Model 'T' and was used to advertise the yard. I suppose I last saw it in the late 50's or early 60's.
I remember clearly there being one on the top of a scrapyard on the junction of Marsh Lane opposite Quarry Hill Flats, this was a sort of Model T., open top with a Dummy man and Women sat in it.