Mabgate Leeds 9. .... Chapel Allerton ??

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
volvojack

Mabgate Leeds 9. .... Chapel Allerton ??

Post by volvojack »

I have a friend who has a business Wesminster Watch and Clock Repairs Hope House Mabgate and yesterday i looked on line for the Co. post code as i wish to send my watch for repair. it iis listed as Hope House , Mabgate, L.S. 9 Chapel Allerton.
This disrict descrription seems a bit extreme or am i wrong. ?.

dogduke

Re: Mabgate Leeds 9. .... Chapel Allerton ??

Post by dogduke »

Certainly not Chapel A.
Newtown is my answer although it is
rarely used these days for the area
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

jma

Post by jma »

Perhaps your chum is trying to improve the online presence of their business? I see they've put the Chapel Allerton bit after the postcode - it's certainly not part of the official Royal Mail address, which is simply "Mabgate, Leeds" according to their postcode address checker. According to Wikipedia, Mabgate is named after its association with prostitution. Chapel Allerton sounds a whole lot posher.

When Evans Cycles expanded to the North of England, their shop in Castleford was referred to online as their Leeds Branch. One of the assistants told me he thought it was because nobody had heard of Castleford. :lol: I don't know what they call it now they have a branch actually in Leeds.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

God only knows what you were looking at to come up with that!

You need to use Royal Mail Postcode finder and not rely upon the tinternet, it tells lots of lies.
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

You need to use Royal Mail Postcode finder and not rely upon the tinternet, it tells lots of lies

I think this is the most likely answer as having known the lad Mick for 40 years or so he is not the type to put on airs and graces.
Will phone him in the morning anyway as his premises are Hope House Mabgate which is an old Stone building on the corner opposite where the Blak Dog Pub was,
Whereas the one shown on line looks like a typical "Fortress" to keep your stock away from the midnight marauders.

I would have thought that area would be classed as Sheepscar maybe.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

[quote="jma"]Perhaps your chum is trying to improve the online presence of their business? I see they've put the Chapel Allerton bit after the postcode - it's certainly not part of the official Royal Mail address, which is simply "Mabgate, Leeds" according to their postcode address checker. According to Wikipedia, Mabgate is named after its association with prostitution. Chapel Allerton sounds a whole lot posher.

So what you are saying jma. You pays your money for a different movement or "Put two hands on this"