Lost Eating Establishments of Leeds

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
pid

Post by pid »

how about belushis pizza place on hyde park corner ? still a restaraunt but now called l'oranaisse ? (spelling) . they used to have the dodge charger police car parked outside and all the pizzas names were blues brothers inspired . can only remember the nitro glycerine which was chicken and jalapeno peppers and really very hot !!! spent many a happy evening in here drinking ice cold rolling rock and enjoying occasional live music upstairs too . aaaaaaaaw i miss it .

slw

Post by slw »

simonm wrote: I used to love the wimpy grill meals.. That curly sausage wrapped round the burgers!! Lovely! I don't know whether anybody can remember the Burger Time which used to be on Boar Lane or a chain for Burger bars called Burger Ranch.

stevief

Post by stevief »

Anyone remember the Headrow Cafe? It stood roughly opposite the Guildford,I think the owner was of Mediterranean origin.I visited the place once with an ex girlfriend-a fussy eater.She ordered egg'n'chips,with soft yolk.The meal duly arrived with a slightly over-done egg.She called the owner over and to emphasise the hardness of the yolk stood a chip,upright in it.I was hiding behind a menu,hoping the ground would open up etc.etc.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

simonm wrote: Terry's cafe was where the Royal Bank of Scotlan building is now. opposite the hotel next to YEP buildings! thats the one simon.
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

slw wrote: simonm wrote: I used to love the wimpy grill meals.. That curly sausage wrapped round the burgers!! Lovely! I don't know whether anybody can remember the Burger Time which used to be on Boar Lane or a chain for Burger bars called Burger Ranch. don't you mean ranchburger? it was on albion street at the junction with the headrow?
Love a Landrover

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

Phill_d wrote: LS1 wrote: OH NO I have misspelt the title of the thread. Please admin can you change for me? I meant to say "eating" :-( I feel sorry for you LS1. You can edit the posts but you can't do the title. Lets hope admin see it. I know how you feel because i've done the same thing on a few of my video titles, if you cut them out & do them correct it makes a right mess of the film sequence so you have to leave it in looking like a (Brandy Quote) Technio foolio Good idea for a thread tho. I remember the well dodgy Klondike all night cafe (sure it was all night anyway) on New York street in the early 80's. We'd go in that place or the cafe on the corner opposite the Scotsman for the Defender & space invader machines. I can just hear i am a 1 in 10 by UB40 as i type. The good old days Just another recollection. Do you remember the orange juice in the see through thingy with fake oranges bobbing around in it? phil,as you frequented the same haunts as i,at exactly the same era...we must of met??...did you go to brannigans down stairs disco too??
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

Phill_d wrote: LS1 wrote: OH NO I have misspelt the title of the thread. Please admin can you change for me? I meant to say "eating" :-( I feel sorry for you LS1. You can edit the posts but you can't do the title. Lets hope admin see it. I know how you feel because i've done the same thing on a few of my video titles, if you cut them out & do them correct it makes a right mess of the film sequence so you have to leave it in looking like a (Brandy Quote) Technio foolio Good idea for a thread tho. I remember the well dodgy Klondike all night cafe (sure it was all night anyway) on New York street in the early 80's. We'd go in that place or the cafe on the corner opposite the Scotsman for the Defender & space invader machines. I can just hear i am a 1 in 10 by UB40 as i type. The good old days Just another recollection. Do you remember the orange juice in the see through thingy with fake oranges bobbing around in it? phil,as you frequented the same haunts as i,at exactly the same era...we must of met??...did you go to brannigans down stairs disco too??the cafe with the defender was run by tiger del singh,who also had thesnake pit downstairs.

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

is the helenik still on vicar lane near the old red bus station? anyone remember the yorkie bar,or the one on eastgate,near maturis knives,i think it was called ,36 coffee bar?

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

We used to go all over, Mill hill amusements, All the cafes, any where that wasn't school really. No can't say i used to go to Brannigans.. I think we did all our silly posing stuff in the Seacroft 'youthy' disco thingy
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

simonm

Post by simonm »

Aye, the Helenik is still there!! Still same old wine'os in there as well!!
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"