St John the Baptist Church (Adel Church).

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Leodian

St John the Baptist Church (Adel Church).

Post by Leodian »

During a stroll today (Jan 1 2017) I was in the grounds of St John's the Baptist Church (Adel Church). While taking photos I happened to spot what I wonder might be a mason's mark on a stone block of the church's structure at ground level. This is the photo that I took showing a 'T' cut into the slab. Though a bit worn the 'T' is however not very eroded looking, so it might not be old. None of the other blocks nearby seemed to have a mark. I wonder if anyone knows anything about the mark?

Though probably not directly related I have for interest added a photo of the old stone coffins or troughs and grindstones in the church grounds.
Possible mason's mark. St John the Baptist Church, Adel, Leeds. Jan 01 2017..jpg
Possible mason's mark. St John the Baptist Church, Adel, Leeds. Jan 01 2017..jpg (167.27 KiB) Viewed 1665 times
Old stone coffins or troughs and grindstones at St John the Baptist Church, Adel, Leeds. Jan 01 2017..jpg
Old stone coffins or troughs and grindstones at St John the Baptist Church, Adel, Leeds. Jan 01 2017..jpg (208.84 KiB) Viewed 1665 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.