A letter box on the Calls Landing building.

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Leodian

A letter box on the Calls Landing building.

Post by Leodian »

This very low down letter box caught my eye on November 2 2016. Assuming it is in use then a postman/woman will need to be very supple to get to it at the Calls Landing building on The Calls, Leeds. The first photo is a close-up of the letter box and the second shows its location on the right side of Calls Landing just above the pavement. I tried the flap and it moves freely but the handle is fixed so it's only really decorative though it seems solidly made.
LetterBoxCallsLandingLeedsNov022016.jpg
LetterBoxCallsLandingLeedsNov022016.jpg (117.79 KiB) Viewed 1956 times
CallsLandingLeedsNov022016.jpg
CallsLandingLeedsNov022016.jpg (95.77 KiB) Viewed 1956 times
PS. As an aside the street names in the area do confuse me. Starting from the end near to Crown Point Road the beginning is called 'The Calls' on most maps but the fixed street name sign states it is 'Calls'. That becomes 'The Calls' but briefly it seems to be 'High Court Lane' before again becoming 'The Calls'. It then joins and becomes 'Call Lane'.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

String o' beads

Re: A letter box on the Calls Landing building.

Post by String o' beads »

I always enjoy your contributions Leo, thank you.

I'm not sure if we've discussed the name of The Calls and its variations before and I haven't time to search just now. But it would be interesting if we could have a series of street maps of the area to show how the names evolved.