St Judes Church, Hunslet.

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Dean from Leeds

St Judes Church, Hunslet.

Post by Dean from Leeds »

Does anyone have any information and or photographs of St Judes Church that was on the Hunslet Road and Leathely Road Junction?

I understand that it was demolished in the late 1950's / early 1960's. I am trying to find a war memorial that I would have assumed would have been there. My Great Uncle George Henry Hitchen was killed in the first world war and was married at St Judes and so I would like to find a memorial with his name on it.

I have had a look on Leodis however I can find no reference to the memorial.

I have been told that the memorial may have been re-located at St Mary's church Hunslet however I have not been able to confirm this, any information and or help is appreciated.

Regards Dean

Gillattfield

Re: St Judes Church, Hunslet.

Post by Gillattfield »

I have recently found St Judes Parish Magazine dated June 1924. Is this any use to you?

tilly

Post by tilly »

Hi Dean From Leeds i can tell you for sure it was demolished mid to late fiftys i had a look around the shell i left Hunslet in 1959 and it had gone by then sorry i cant help you with any more information.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

St Jude, Hunslet Road, Hunslet, Leeds, West Riding of Yorkshire.jpg
St Jude, Hunslet Road, Hunslet, Leeds, West Riding of Yorkshire.jpg (25.62 KiB) Viewed 13578 times
Attachments
St Jude, Hunslet Road, Hunslet, Leeds, West Riding of Yorkshire.jpg
St Jude, Hunslet Road, Hunslet, Leeds, West Riding of Yorkshire.jpg (25.62 KiB) Viewed 13578 times