lost loo's of leeds.

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
wiggy

Post by wiggy »

did i mention the ones in the gate house at the wetherby road entrance to roundhay park?
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

LS1

Post by LS1 »

wiggy wrote: did i mention the ones in the gate house at the wetherby road entrance to roundhay park? Were they real loo's or were they just "convenient places to go"

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

LS1 wrote: wiggy wrote: did i mention the ones in the gate house at the wetherby road entrance to roundhay park? Were they real loo's or were they just "convenient places to go" no no...ladies to the left,gents on the right.
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

exiled in essex

Post by exiled in essex »

I remember being about 16 or 17 (1988/89) and having the misfortune of needing to use the toilets opposite the old Asda/over the road from Coes in Crossgates. I was on my way back from my then boyfriend's house in Oakwood which meant two buses (a 38 or 39 to Crossgates and then a 65 or 85 to Scholes). We'd had some underage drinks and by the time I got to Crossgates I was bursting for a wee. I went in the loos and have never been so scared in my whole life. I came straight out and went behind the row of shops instead (always difficult for a girl!).

Reginal Perrin

Post by Reginal Perrin »

Ornate red brick loos opposite near Black Bull pub in Rothwell. Now part of a garden wall for newish house.Two sets of Loos now knocked down in Rothwell Park.Infamous loos near entrance to Oulton Hall which were rumoured to be frequested by perverts in the 80's.Red brick ones opposite Midland Hotel in Woodlesford. Like someone has already said, what do bus drivers do? How can it be a crime to [edited for content] in the street is all the facilities have been removed to do it in a toilet?    
Ravioli, ravioli followed by ravioli. I happen to like ravioli.

exiled in essex

There's an odd law in London which states it's perfectly legal for a taxi driver to get out of his cab and have a wee in the road! I have never seen it being done though.

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

I think you might be referring to the fact thatservice drivers (RAF,ARMY,RNetc) also civvy HGV driversmay dismount discreetly and,in a place notoverlooked(!) have a 'J/riddle' on the Nearside backwheel!(Left hand down abit!)Bet the MT servicing blokes would have summat to say having toundo the wheelnuts!(Yuk!)Mebbe applies to London cabbies too.But you can buy 'Porta-Potties now (Male and female!)so all anyone sees is the look of sheer bliss on your face whilesitting at the wheel (Steering wheel!)!

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Tram/Bus drivers were well catered for by the LCT, having stategically placed loos at the track or roadsidee.g Briggate, Junction of Wellington St./Road andKirkstall Rd.,and another I remember at the tram teminus at Abbey Rd/Commercial Rd/Bridge Rd. near Kirkstall Cenotaph.

exiled in essex

The long gone Crossgates toilets were tram terminus toilets as well (so I've been told).

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

exiled in essex wrote: The long gone Crossgates toilets were tram terminus toilets as well (so I've been told). It certainly was, the up and down track merged into one in the central reservation between the back of the toilet block and the old Regal cinema opposite.There is a piccy on a site which was posted on SL a while ago, http://www.tramway.co.uk but I can't get it to work tonight.