lost loo's of leeds.

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
drapesy

Post by drapesy »

It obviously did and so they were!!
Attachments
__TFMF_ghoathavrrucv455sn3fgo55_5c34b9f6-8b58-4158-ac78-0aaf09915786_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_ghoathavrrucv455sn3fgo55_5c34b9f6-8b58-4158-ac78-0aaf09915786_0_main.jpg (766.21 KiB) Viewed 4074 times
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

purplezulu

Post by purplezulu »

There were some old red brick built loos in Gildersome just in front of the library until recently. They have now been completely pulled down and replaced with a nice seating area. (Presumably so you can sit down and cross yer legs until the 'urge' passes)I think they went down underground too as the top part of the building did not look very big. I never 'went' in them - much to my regret, I should have a had a nosy in there while I had the chance     
Better a 'sinner' than a hypocrite

Si

Post by Si »

purplezulu wrote: There were some old red brick built loos in Gildersome just in front of the library until recently. They have now been completely pulled down and replaced with a nice seating area. (Presumably so you can sit down and cross yer legs until the 'urge' passes)     ...or until you pass the urge....Sorry. Couldn't resist.

purplezulu

Post by purplezulu »

Ha ha - well that would class as having a really bad day!If I see anyone sat there looking really fed up I'll know why
Better a 'sinner' than a hypocrite

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

chameleon wrote: weeman wrote: how come the crossgates toilet were demolished? didnt somebody get shot in there or something or am i getting mixed up with somewhere else? More vandalism and antisocial behaviour than the intended use brought about their demise. A friend and I had been enjoying a few beers in Barwick in Elmet and caught the number 64 bus down to Cross Gates to continue at The Travellers Rest. After several pints, the bumpy ride down Leeds Road and around the Pendas took it's toll and when we alighted outside Hartley Motors and very nearly sprinted across the road and into the Gents.It was only once we were "making use of the facilities" that we noticed a gentleman peering over one of the cubicle doors engaged in something rather unsavoury. I've never left a loo so fast in my life!
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Does anyone know when the public toilets closed on Great George Street at the rear of the Town Hall?I recall using them but don't recall when they shut. On searching the Leodis website I found this photo dated August 6 1970 in which the gents toilet is just in view with a man at the toilets entry/exit point, so the toilet looked to be still in use then. This is the link to the photo:- http://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?reso ... Y=FULLThis is a link to a Leodis photo that shows the toilets were open in 1969. Oddly, a man is also stood in the entry/exit point in this photo! http://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?reso ... SPLAY=FULL    
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Still open in 1990/1 when I used them on my way into Brotherton Wing for several appointments - I always had a twinge of conscience that I ought not to be risking treading whatever lurked on the vile TH toilet floors into the Infirmary, but needs must sometimes.
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

BLAKEY wrote: Still open in 1990/1 when I used them on my way into Brotherton Wing for several appointments - I always had a twinge of conscience that I ought not to be risking treading whatever lurked on the vile TH toilet floors into the Infirmary, but needs must sometimes. Thanks for that Blakey. I had thought that they were closed some years before then.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Good-Honest-Iago

Post by Good-Honest-Iago »

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=16817853@N00&q=toilet - you'll find one here on Dewsbury Road.
"Good Honest Iago does not make false claims"

Good-Honest-Iago

Post by Good-Honest-Iago »

"Good Honest Iago does not make false claims"