lost loo's of leeds.

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

exiled in essex wrote: The long gone Crossgates toilets were tram terminus toilets as well (so I've been told). Found a shot (not sure how well this will work) ...and it didn't! Try this link:http://www.tramway.co.uk/smx/photos/photo/?id=8865

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

remember those 1930's tiny little school loo's,that had the two pieces of wood screwed on as bog seats...i should add that i mean schools built in the 30's as mine was,i wasn't created til the 60's.
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Reading from down the 'pan', t'could be likened to'Wiggy's in brackets' Go on! Smile, and forget that Adnam'sBitter! By the way Wiggs, is Benskin's Brewery still in existence?Drank a lot of their bitter in Saffron Walden in the 50's!

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

arry awk wrote: Reading from down the 'pan', t'could be likened to'Wiggy's in brackets' Go on! Smile, and forget that Adnam'sBitter! By the way Wiggs, is Benskin's Brewery still in existence?Drank a lot of their bitter in Saffron Walden in the 50's! not seen it arry mate.

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

OK thanks Wiggy.Guess it'll be the dreaded Whitbread's (Two slices please!), by this time

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Oakwood toilets are up for auction at the moment.Cannot see them going for that much.The ones in the gates of Roundhay Park (Wetherby Road) must have gone before 1973 as that was when I was playing around that area and I don't recall them. Just ruins inside the walls.

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

Gandalf wrote: Oakwood toilets are up for auction at the moment.Cannot see them going for that much.The ones in the gates of Roundhay Park (Wetherby Road) must have gone before 1973 as that was when I was playing around that area and I don't recall them. Just ruins inside the walls. i think toilets there were still in use around 1977....ish.

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

Gandalf wrote: Oakwood toilets are up for auction at the moment.Cannot see them going for that much.The ones in the gates of Roundhay Park (Wetherby Road) must have gone before 1973 as that was when I was playing around that area and I don't recall them. Just ruins inside the walls. i think toilets there were still in use around 1977....ish.the gate houses are still there arn't they?? they were the toilets.

graynut

Post by graynut »

I remember seeing that wooden propeller stuck in the ground in a fenced off copse near 1/4 mile passage between Oakwood Lane and Roundhay Park when I was a young lad. I seem to recall being told that a test pilot working with the Blackburn airplane manufacturing premises on Roundhay Road (the site of the present Tesco supermarket) crashed whilst on a test flight.Many years later I saw what appeared to be the same propeller mounted on the wall of a pub off Duncan Street in Leeds.

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

dunno if it's been mentioned before, can't be bothered checking, but were there not a toilet block in manston park near the big gates?
Love a Landrover