Building on Elland Road 1940s-1950s

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
j.c.d.

Post by j.c.d. »

Point taken, I apologise to all concerned.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Oh it's you JD - didn't realise you were on a second account there. Appreciate the prompt response If you could edit your previous message I'd appreciate it, otherwise I can sort it later on today. Cheers.    
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

j.c.d.

Post by j.c.d. »

Help please i should like to delete my post that has offended but don't know how to or edit, i have changed from jd. to j.c.d. because their is another jd. would appreciate advice etc. Regards Jack Daly.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hi JD, there should be an 'Edit' button on the right hand side at the top of the message in question.
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

jd wrote: Help please i should like to delete my post that has offended but don't know how to or edit, i have changed from jd. to j.c.d. because their is another jd. would appreciate advice etc. Regards Jack Daly. You need to be logged into your JCD account to edit that post.There should be an 'Edit' option above that post when your signed into the JCD account. You can remove certain words, but you'll not be able to delete the whole thing. Hope that helps. Edit.. D.S.C.O beat me to it
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

JD - I've just worked out how to change usernames on existing user accounts. It's only taken seven years...Anyway, if you would like to keep your old user account but have a new name on it just let me know and I'll sort that out for you.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hi JD I removed a couple of duplicate posts and amended your original message - hope that's OK. And do let me know if you want me to change your username and keep your original account.

The Parksider

Re: The Peacock Pit

Post by The Parksider »

somme1916 wrote:Jon Howe wrote: On a similar theme, I know there was a 'Peacock Pit' somewhere around where the New Peacock pub stood, ie. in the area that was known as Islington. This pit will have been gone by the late 1880s I am guessing. I have seen it on an ordnance survey map somewhere, but I can't find it now. Anybody have any maps with this on it?I have a theory that it was maybe the pit's name that was taken also for the two pubs, which both appeared in the 1840s, as I am fairly sure the pit will have been there first.   
The Peacock Pit was indeed just the north side of Islington.

The land was taken by the WortleY Fired Clay company who may well have kept the pit open to mine fireclay.

Look out for Bricks titled "WORTLEY FIRE CLAY COMPANY ELLAND ROAD LEEDS"

The Parksider

Re: The Peacock Pit

Post by The Parksider »

The Parksider wrote:
somme1916 wrote:Jon Howe wrote: On a similar theme, I know there was a 'Peacock Pit' somewhere around where the New Peacock pub stood, ie. in the area that was known as Islington. This pit will have been gone by the late 1880s I am guessing. I have seen it on an ordnance survey map somewhere, but I can't find it now. Anybody have any maps with this on it?I have a theory that it was maybe the pit's name that was taken also for the two pubs, which both appeared in the 1840s, as I am fairly sure the pit will have been there first.   
The Peacock Pit was indeed just the north side of Islington around 1850.

The land was taken by the Wortley Fired Clay company who may well have kept the pit open to mine fireclay.

Look out for Bricks titled "WORTLEY FIRE CLAY COMPANY ELLAND ROAD LEEDS"