Northcote Private School, Armley Town St.

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Pegasus

Re: Northcote Private School, Armley Town St.

Post by Pegasus »

I also have very fond memories of Northcotes school.
I attended between 1957 & 1964.
My name is David Holmes. Seeing the photos of the Daffodil growing competition, and so many faces that I remember, prompted me to join this site.
Having said that I have wonderful memories of my days there, I remember the fear & dread of moving into Mrs Plowman's class, and having the backs of my legs slapped a couple of times until I was prepared to conform. Once I buckled down, I really liked her and was very sad when I had to leave, age eleven, as only girls stayed on to age 16.

Pegasus

Post by Pegasus »

Pegasus wrote:I also have very fond memories of Northcotes school.
I attended between 1957 & 1964.
My name is David Holmes. Seeing the photos of the Daffodil growing competition, and so many faces that I remember, prompted me to join this site.
Having said that I have wonderful memories of my days there, I remember the fear & dread of moving into Mrs Plowman's class, and having the backs of my legs slapped a couple of times until I was prepared to conform. Once I buckled down, I really liked her and was very sad when I had to leave, age eleven, as only girls stayed on to age 16.
Derek Cartwright wrote:Here's one old newspaper cutting of Northcote from around 1960.

Derek

DorothyT

Post by DorothyT »

Great to find some info on my old school. My names is Dorothy Ternent (nee Porter) and I attended Northcote from 1958 until I left school at 15! My best friends were Brenda Ash, Lynne Ellis, Anne Butcher and Christine Hales. We had some great times, fish and chips from the shop on a Friday, games in Primrose Hall and swimming lessons at Armley Baths. In the summer we played tennis at Armley Park, however, we had to walk all the way to the park and back again so the tennis time was about 15 minutes.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Welcome to S/L Pegusus and DorothyT
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.