Leeds Central High School

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

Phill_dvsn wrote: Caron wrote: Lots of people on Facebook. I was curious once re old school mates but after meeting a couple after a 30 year interlude I decided the past was better left in the past..... I found the girl that I had my first kiss with in the school p.e cupboard way back in 1978 on facebook. I though that was worth remembering lol      Ha Ha.....know what you mean.By accident I stumbled upon my first sweetheart from 1969 on F(R)U site.Don't laugh 'cos that's what it felt like after swapping a couple of messages.Unrequited love never did well.
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

somme1916 wrote: Ha Ha.....know what you mean.By accident I stumbled upon my first sweetheart from 1969 on F(R)U site.Don't laugh 'cos that's what it felt like after swapping a couple of messages.Unrequited love never did well. Oh yes definitely, the internet is brilliant for letting people get back in touch with each other. I remember meeting up with some old mates I knew back in the early 80's. I know it sounds mad, but when I last saw them they were boys, I could only picture them that way. It seemed real funny to be sat in the pub with grown men. I don't know what I expected lol, I suppose we have to grow up     
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

[quotenick="Phill_dvsn"] somme1916 wrote: I know it sounds mad, but when I last saw them they were boys, I could only picture them that way. It seemed real funny to be sat in the pub with grown men. I don't know what I expected lol, I suppose we have to grow up      Yes Phill.....isn't it strange how you can instantly recognise old friends even after 30+ years ???? Weird....gotta be something to do with memory retention,it does trick us sometimes however !

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

Philloops,slight editing error ! Was your comment I was commenting on of course ! Never mind....think u know what I mean.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

somme1916 wrote: Philloops,slight editing error ! Was your comment I was commenting on of course ! Never mind....think u know what I mean. Yes indeed I do
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Friends Reunited has gone all to hell. No longer can you look through endless lists of and occasional pictures of your former classmates and point and laugh. I think most people use fakebook groups now to reconnect with old school pals but it's not quite as user friendly.

MW

Post by MW »

Hi Trevor:Just saw your message re. old acquaintances at Central. I am pretty sure we were classmates, in 3 alpha up to 5 alpha. Beyond that I am not sure. My name is Mike Wilkinson. E-mail address : [email protected]. I am searching for a photograph from that time, but as I recall you were pretty tall, blonde hair. I was dark, and not tall. I think your friends were people like Ian Benn, and Mac (?). If I have the wrong guy, just ignore this rambling.

TrevorWeaver2

Post by TrevorWeaver2 »

Hi MikeYou are right I was the tall guy with a stupid blonde haircut.I have emailed you.RegardsTrevor

RFitz

Post by RFitz »

Re: TrevorWeaver2 and Mike WilkinsonI have just joined Secret Leeds Forum. I was at Leeds Central High School 1955 - 1960 and I was in the 1960 5C Photograph withMr Hainsworth as form master. I am on the front row, right hand end.My email address is [email protected] would be good to hear from you

Patexpat

Post by Patexpat »

I was at Central High School - 68 to 75 .. I have somewhere a 1974 copy of YORKSHIRE LIFE that has an article about the school prior to it becoming City Of Leeds School ... and there are loads of other gems in the mag that I am sure would be of interest. If people are interested I'll scan and post what I can ....