Leeds Central High School

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
somme1916
PostsCOLON 982
JoinedCOLON Fri 02 Mar, 2012 7:39 pm

Postby somme1916 » Fri 18 May, 2012 11:11 am

Phill_dvsn wrote:
Caron wrote:
Lots of people on Facebook. I was curious once re old school mates but after meeting a couple after a 30 year interlude I decided the past was better left in the past.....

I found the girl that I had my first kiss with in the school p.e cupboard way back in 1978 on facebook. I though that was worth remembering lol Laugh    

Ha Ha.....know what you mean.By accident I stumbled upon my first sweetheart from 1969 on F(R)U site.Don't laugh 'cos that's what it felt like after swapping a couple of messages.Unrequited love never did well.

I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !
Phill_dvsn
PostsCOLON 4423
JoinedCOLON Wed 21 Feb, 2007 5:47 am

Postby Phill_dvsn » Fri 18 May, 2012 11:33 am

somme1916 wrote:

Ha Ha.....know what you mean.By accident I stumbled upon my first sweetheart from 1969 on F(R)U site.Don't laugh 'cos that's what it felt like after swapping a couple of messages.Unrequited love never did well.

Oh yes definitely, the internet is brilliant for letting people get back in touch with each other. I remember meeting up with some old mates I knew back in the early 80's.

I know it sounds mad, but when I last saw them they were boys, I could only picture them that way. It seemed real funny to be sat in the pub with grown men. I don't know what I expected lol, I suppose we have to grow up Laugh    
My flickr pictures are here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!
somme1916
PostsCOLON 982

Postby somme1916 » Fri 18 May, 2012 11:48 am

[quotenick="Phill_dvsn"]
somme1916 wrote:

I know it sounds mad, but when I last saw them they were boys, I could only picture them that way. It seemed real funny to be sat in the pub with grown men. I don't know what I expected lol, I suppose we have to grow up Laugh    

Yes Phill.....isn't it strange how you can instantly recognise old friends even after 30+ years ???? Weird....gotta be something to do with memory retention,it does trick us sometimes however !

somme1916
PostsCOLON 982

Postby somme1916 » Fri 18 May, 2012 11:51 am

PhillShockedoops,slight editing error ! Was your comment I was commenting on of course ! Never mind....think u know what I mean.

Phill_dvsn
PostsCOLON 4423
JoinedCOLON Wed 21 Feb, 2007 5:47 am

Postby Phill_dvsn » Fri 18 May, 2012 12:04 pm

somme1916 wrote:
PhillShockedoops,slight editing error ! Was your comment I was commenting on of course ! Never mind....think u know what I mean.

Yes indeed I do Regular Smiley
My flickr pictures are here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!
Geordie-exile
PostsCOLON 1352
JoinedCOLON Wed 06 Feb, 2008 6:09 pm

Postby Geordie-exile » Fri 18 May, 2012 11:52 pm

Friends Reunited has gone all to hell. No longer can you look through endless lists of and occasional pictures of your former classmates and point and laugh.

I think most people use fakebook groups now to reconnect with old school pals but it's not quite as user friendly.
There is enough sadness in life without having fellows like Gussie Fink-Nottle going about in sea boots.
MW
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Mon 25 Jun, 2012 1:32 pm

Postby MW » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:35 pm

Hi Trevor:

Just saw your message re. old acquaintances at Central. I am pretty sure we were classmates, in 3 alpha up to 5 alpha. Beyond that I am not sure. My name is Mike Wilkinson. E-mail address : mwilk@dal.ca.
I am searching for a photograph from that time, but as I recall you were pretty tall, blonde hair. I was dark, and not tall. I think your friends were people like Ian Benn, and Mac (?). If I have the wrong guy, just ignore this rambling.
TrevorWeaver2
PostsCOLON 4
JoinedCOLON Thu 17 May, 2012 7:34 am

Postby TrevorWeaver2 » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 11:06 am

Hi Mike
You are right I was the tall guy with a stupid blonde haircut.
I have emailed you.
Regards
Trevor

RFitz
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Mon 08 Apr, 2013 8:21 am

Postby RFitz » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 2:04 pm

Re: TrevorWeaver2 and Mike Wilkinson

I have just joined Secret Leeds Forum. I was at Leeds Central High School 1955 - 1960 and I was in the 1960 5C Photograph with
Mr Hainsworth as form master. I am on the front row, right hand end.

My email address is rogrfitzpatrick@googlemail.com
it would be good to hear from you
Patexpat
PostsCOLON 130
JoinedCOLON Fri 06 Jun, 2008 7:34 am

Postby Patexpat » Tue 09 Apr, 2013 11:00 am

I was at Central High School - 68 to 75 .. I have somewhere a 1974 copy of YORKSHIRE LIFE that has an article about the school prior to it becoming City Of Leeds School ... and there are loads of other gems in the mag that I am sure would be of interest. If people are interested I'll scan and post what I can ....

Return to