Queens Hotel stories

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

When I used to use the train from Cross Gates I'd come out of the LCS main entrance and walk towards City Square passing the Queen's Hotel Brasserie. I never had any idea what a brasserie was or is and if I'm honest I still don't. I suppose I was/am just too idle to find out.    
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

BillyBritvic

Post by BillyBritvic »

Phill_dvsn wrote: BillyBritvic wrote: In 1932 Laurel and Hardy stayed in The Queens Hotel for one night, 3 August. In the evening they made an appearance at the Majestic Picture Theatre.When Laurel & Hardy made their last appearance in Leeds - w/c 5 April 1954, they played the Empire, and stayed at the Queen's Hotel once again.I love Laurel and Hardy. I like Laurel and Hardy too, Stan Laurel was the real brains behind the duo writing many of the scripts.Here's a great 1956 home cine film and last ever footage of Laurel and Hardy ever shot together, in colour too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYAeYj8-G4w It's my wifes 50th next year and we are planning going to California, we will be visiting "The Steps" and various other places on The L&H day long tour as one of our days out. Really looking forward to it.
The longer we live the older we get

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

Johnny39 wrote: When I used to use the train from Cross Gates I'd come out of the LCS main entrance and walk towards City Square passing the Queen's Hotel Brasserie. I never had any idea what a brasserie was or is and if I'm honest I still don't. I suppose I was/am just too idle to find out.     It's an anagram of Brassiere - just don't get 'em confused
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, moves on; nor all thy Piety nor all thy Wit can call it back to cancel half a Line, nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

book

Post by book »

Is it me or has Leeds gone mad

book

Post by book »

book

Post by book »

book

Post by book »

Phill_dvsn wrote: BillyBritvic wrote: In 1932 Laurel and Hardy stayed in The Queens Hotel for one night, 3 August. In the evening they made an appearance at the Majestic Picture Theatre.When Laurel & Hardy made their last appearance in Leeds - w/c 5 April 1954, they played the Empire, and stayed at the Queen's Hotel once again.I love Laurel and Hardy. I like Laurel and Hardy too, Stan Laurel was the real brains behind the duo writing many of the scripts.Here's a great 1956 home cine film and last ever footage of Laurel and Hardy ever shot together, in colour too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYAeYj8-G4w Still very funny after all these years. Which one of them was English? From Cumbria?

BillyBritvic

Post by BillyBritvic »

book wrote: Phill_dvsn wrote: BillyBritvic wrote: In 1932 Laurel and Hardy stayed in The Queens Hotel for one night, 3 August. In the evening they made an appearance at the Majestic Picture Theatre.When Laurel & Hardy made their last appearance in Leeds - w/c 5 April 1954, they played the Empire, and stayed at the Queen's Hotel once again.I love Laurel and Hardy. I like Laurel and Hardy too, Stan Laurel was the real brains behind the duo writing many of the scripts.Here's a great 1956 home cine film and last ever footage of Laurel and Hardy ever shot together, in colour too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYAeYj8-G4w Still very funny after all these years. Which one of them was English? From Cumbria? Stan Laurel was born in Dulverston in Cumbria,.
The longer we live the older we get

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

book wrote: Phill_dvsn wrote: BillyBritvic wrote: In 1932 Laurel and Hardy stayed in The Queens Hotel for one night, 3 August. In the evening they made an appearance at the Majestic Picture Theatre.When Laurel & Hardy made their last appearance in Leeds - w/c 5 April 1954, they played the Empire, and stayed at the Queen's Hotel once again.I love Laurel and Hardy. I like Laurel and Hardy too, Stan Laurel was the real brains behind the duo writing many of the scripts.Here's a great 1956 home cine film and last ever footage of Laurel and Hardy ever shot together, in colour too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYAeYj8-G4w Still very funny after all these years. Which one of them was English? From Cumbria? The L & H appreciation society (sons of the desert) used to meet regularly at the New Scarborough pub on the old Dewsbury Rd. in Tingley..............don't know if they still do but they used to draw quite a crowd.
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

Johnny39 wrote: When I used to use the train from Cross Gates I'd come out of the LCS main entrance and walk towards City Square passing the Queen's Hotel Brasserie. I never had any idea what a brasserie was or is and if I'm honest I still don't. I suppose I was/am just too idle to find out.     It's a posh Yorkshire bar where tha' spends tha' brass....see thi
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !