A grade 2 listed building for sale next to the Parish Church.

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Leodian

Re: A grade 2 listed building for sale next to the Parish Ch

Post by Leodian »

These are 3 photos that I took at the site during today (a cloudless bright April 21 2015). The external brickwork has been cleaned but there is still clearly a lot of work to do, particularly on what I could see of the inside. On asking a workman I was told that the opening is not expected to be until at least into June and the cellar I saw a glimpse of is to be the kitchen. Thanks to the helpful workman.
Attachments
General view of the rear of the site from Church Row taken April 21 2015. Note the old gravestones in the grounds of Leeds Minster.
General view of the rear of the site from Church Row taken April 21 2015. Note the old gravestones in the grounds of Leeds Minster.
001R.jpg (131.63 KiB) Viewed 2934 times
Close-up view on the Church Row path frontage on April 21 2015.
Close-up view on the Church Row path frontage on April 21 2015.
004R.jpg (156.77 KiB) Viewed 2934 times
View from High Court on April 21 2015. It's a very impressive clock tower for a small building :). It's Leeds Minster in the rear for those who don't know.
View from High Court on April 21 2015. It's a very impressive clock tower for a small building :). It's Leeds Minster in the rear for those who don't know.
010R.jpg (88.46 KiB) Viewed 2934 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Looks like its going to be good when finished.i just hope it has reasonable prices.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Its a Leeds Brewery house Steve,so pretty well priced.I hope Leeds Brewery keep up with their Monsoon Pale Ale,very nice indeed.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Leodian your first photo (directly above) shows where there is going to be an outside balcony.

Wonder what happened to the Crown and Fleece development, i seem to remember the plans were eventually approved following some concerns but it seems to have gone all quiet
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

cnosni wrote:Leodian your first photo (directly above) shows where there is going to be an outside balcony.
Thanks cnosni for that interesting information. A cool drink with a view of Leeds Minster could be good on a warm day :).

This photo (taken April 21 2015) is similar but from a slightly different angle.
Attachments
View from Church Row on April 21 2015.
View from Church Row on April 21 2015.
002R.jpg (132.86 KiB) Viewed 2865 times

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Being at the Number 1 Church Row site on April 28 2015 and on seeing a door was open I asked some workmen there if I could quickly take some photos of the renovation work going on inside and they said it would be OK as long as I was quick and remained close to the doorway area. These are 3 photos (much reduced in file size) that I took to give an impression of what was going on (I will post 3 more in my next post). I would like to thank the workmen for allowing me to take the photos.
Attachments
A scene inside Number 1 Church Row on April 28 2015.
009R.jpg (151.41 KiB) Viewed 2799 times
010R.jpg (120.25 KiB) Viewed 2799 times
View of the interesting and possibly old internal roof at Number 1 Church Row (taken on April 28 2015 during renovation work). There was a lot of light so the photo is pale in parts.
View of the interesting and possibly old internal roof at Number 1 Church Row (taken on April 28 2015 during renovation work). There was a lot of light so the photo is pale in parts.
012R.jpg (124.96 KiB) Viewed 2799 times

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

These are the other 3 photos that I took on April 28 2015. The first is an internal scene that shows what may possibly have been a fireplace. The second photo shows a view looking from High Court along a short internal passageway in Number 1 Church Row that comes out in an outdoor area in the rear. The third photo is a closer-in view in the passageway (note the high window).
Attachments
View showing what might have been a fireplace in Number 1 Church Row taken during renovation work on April 28 2015.
View showing what might have been a fireplace in Number 1 Church Row taken during renovation work on April 28 2015.
013R.jpg (131.49 KiB) Viewed 2798 times
View form High Court along a short passageway in Number 1 Church Row taken April 28 2015.
View form High Court along a short passageway in Number 1 Church Row taken April 28 2015.
019R.jpg (162.84 KiB) Viewed 2798 times
View inside a short passageway at Number 1 Church Row taken April 28 2015.
View inside a short passageway at Number 1 Church Row taken April 28 2015.
018R.jpg (147.75 KiB) Viewed 2798 times

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Hoping not to be boring now but I thought I would post this photo that I took on April 28 2015 showing work going on at the outside of Number 1 Church Row. It's good to see other buildings in the area being redeveloped, as Kirkgate House (with its sign) seen in the rear end of Church Row is planned to have a few high quality apartments and other usage.
Attachments
View along Church Row showing work going at Number 1 Church Row (taken April 28 2015). Kirkgate House (with its sign)  is at the rear end of Church Row.
View along Church Row showing work going at Number 1 Church Row (taken April 28 2015). Kirkgate House (with its sign) is at the rear end of Church Row.
008R.jpg (195.64 KiB) Viewed 2796 times

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

That's great thanks, don't get much chance to see that end of town a the moment.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Leo you must stop apologising ,we all love your pics and these are especially interesting given my predilection for old buildings and beer!