Flares

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
20522tay

Post by 20522tay »

Thanks for all the memories

TomD

Post by TomD »

ahh the observatory... first place i was ever refused entry as an underage drinker...yes this was a while ago

Mick Modern

Post by Mick Modern »

Where I saw the mighty Orange Juice perform Edwyn Collins drool I remember hanging off the microphone.Interestingly two doors down (just in shot) was where, rumour had it, that MI6 had their offices in Leeds (very Callan)

Barwicker

Post by Barwicker »

This building was at one time the headquarters of the Yorkshire Banking Company (Not to be confused with the Yorkshire ( Penny) Bank). It was later taken over by Midland Bank and was for many years their main office in Leeds being known as City Square Branch. The site was vacated when the business of this branch was combined with that of Park Row branch in new purpose built premises on the site of the old Leeds Museum on the opposite side of Bond Street to the old Park Row office, which is now a branch of the Woolwich (I believe)I understand that the dome over the building is unique, being double skinned and is therefore listed.Midland Bank was in turn taken over by The Hongkong & Shangai Bank and is now merely an acronym. HSBC.

Barwicker

Post by Barwicker »

The whole of the building shown in the picture was Midland Bank. There was no space left over for MI6 or anybody else.