White Cloth Hall - part demolition?

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
User avatar
buffaloskinner
PostsCOLON 1086
JoinedCOLON Sun 01 Apr, 2007 6:02 pm
LocationCOLON Nova Scotia

Postby buffaloskinner » Fri 08 Oct, 2010 9:14 pm

White Cloth Hall today


















    
Is this the end of the story ...
or the beginning of a legend?
Si
PostsCOLON 4480
JoinedCOLON Wed 10 Oct, 2007 7:22 am
LocationCOLON Otley

Postby Si » Mon 11 Oct, 2010 9:35 pm

Fantastic pictures BS. Thanks for sharing.
Loiner1960
PostsCOLON 181
JoinedCOLON Fri 28 Aug, 2009 3:42 pm

Postby Loiner1960 » Sun 24 Oct, 2010 11:40 pm

Yes those careful demolition people used that delicate piece of equipment, the digger to knock most of the building down. A wonderful Georgian street has been left to rot and fall into disrepair, then sold to "developers." Eastgate is going the same way. There are too many large holes in Leeds City centre. Build something that is not a steel and glass flat box. Here's to a restored Cloth Hall as good as the Carriageworks.
User avatar
buffaloskinner
PostsCOLON 1086
JoinedCOLON Sun 01 Apr, 2007 6:02 pm
LocationCOLON Nova Scotia

Postby buffaloskinner » Mon 25 Oct, 2010 7:25 pm

A few more shots taken today showing more detail now that the rubble has been dug out










sorry about the quality but its from my phone
Is this the end of the story ...
or the beginning of a legend?

Si
PostsCOLON 4480
JoinedCOLON Wed 10 Oct, 2007 7:22 am
LocationCOLON Otley

Postby Si » Thu 28 Oct, 2010 2:11 pm

Very interesting. Your shots show that the cellars extended under the now demolished in-fill building, as well as the Cloth Hall itself.
Where's the first picture taken from? Round the back, or Hills' wall?    
User avatar
cnosni
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 4199
JoinedCOLON Wed 28 Mar, 2007 4:47 pm

Postby cnosni » Thu 28 Oct, 2010 2:19 pm

buffaloskinner wrote:
A few more shots taken today showing more detail now that the rubble has been dug out










sorry about the quality but its from my phone

Thats spooky,i was there just before these pics were taken (with my little girl).
The workman was having a quick 2 minutes,stood exactly at the same place.

We must have passed,like ships in the night.
Don't get me started!!
My Flickr photos-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/
Secret Leeds contact
info@secretleeds.com
User avatar
buffaloskinner
PostsCOLON 1086
JoinedCOLON Sun 01 Apr, 2007 6:02 pm
LocationCOLON Nova Scotia

Postby buffaloskinner » Thu 28 Oct, 2010 8:31 pm

Si wrote:
Very interesting. Your shots show that the cellars extended under the now demolished in-fill building, as well as the Cloth Hall itself.
Where's the first picture taken from? Round the back, or Hills' wall?    


Si the first shot is Hills wall (and door, wonder when they last used that) actually I believe that behind that door you would turn left and go up some steps.

The ones at the back of the buildings are further up in the post and are the ones with the blue hoist on.
Is this the end of the story ...
or the beginning of a legend?
User avatar
buffaloskinner
PostsCOLON 1086
JoinedCOLON Sun 01 Apr, 2007 6:02 pm
LocationCOLON Nova Scotia

Postby buffaloskinner » Thu 28 Oct, 2010 8:35 pm

cnosni said

Thats spooky,i was there just before these pics were taken (with my little girl).
The workman was having a quick 2 minutes,stood exactly at the same place.

We must have passed,like ships in the night.



Actually he was there when I walked past going to the market and still there when I walked back ... lol
Is this the end of the story ...
or the beginning of a legend?

Si
PostsCOLON 4480
JoinedCOLON Wed 10 Oct, 2007 7:22 am
LocationCOLON Otley

Postby Si » Thu 28 Oct, 2010 9:16 pm

buffaloskinner wrote:
Si wrote:
Very interesting. Your shots show that the cellars extended under the now demolished in-fill building, as well as the Cloth Hall itself.
Where's the first picture taken from? Round the back, or Hills' wall?    


Si the first shot is Hills wall (and door, wonder when they last used that) actually I believe that behind that door you would turn left and go up some steps.

The ones at the back of the buildings are further up in the post and are the ones with the blue hoist on.

Cheers, BS.
Mebbe the builder bloke is just a mannequin, put there to make it look like they're busier? Wink
    
User avatar
tilly
PostsCOLON 1484
JoinedCOLON Mon 11 Jan, 2010 2:32 pm

Postby tilly » Thu 28 Oct, 2010 10:45 pm

Si wrote:
buffaloskinner wrote:
Si wrote:
Very interesting. Your shots show that the cellars extended under the now demolished in-fill building, as well as the Cloth Hall itself.
Where's the first picture taken from? Round the back, or Hills' wall?    


Si the first shot is Hills wall (and door, wonder when they last used that) actually I believe that behind that door you would turn left and go up some steps.

The ones at the back of the buildings are further up in the post and are the ones with the blue hoist on.

Cheers, BS.
Mebbe the builder bloke is just a mannequin, put there to make it look like they're busier? Wink
    

Unless he works for the council but then there would have been three or four of them. lol
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Return to





Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2 and 0 guests