White Cloth Hall - part demolition?

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

White Cloth Hall today    
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

Si

Post by Si »

Fantastic pictures BS. Thanks for sharing.

Loiner1960

Post by Loiner1960 »

Yes those careful demolition people used that delicate piece of equipment, the digger to knock most of the building down. A wonderful Georgian street has been left to rot and fall into disrepair, then sold to "developers." Eastgate is going the same way. There are too many large holes in Leeds City centre. Build something that is not a steel and glass flat box. Here's to a restored Cloth Hall as good as the Carriageworks.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

A few more shots taken today showing more detail now that the rubble has been dug outsorry about the quality but its from my phone

Si

Post by Si »

Very interesting. Your shots show that the cellars extended under the now demolished in-fill building, as well as the Cloth Hall itself.Where's the first picture taken from? Round the back, or Hills' wall?    

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

buffaloskinner wrote: A few more shots taken today showing more detail now that the rubble has been dug outsorry about the quality but its from my phone Thats spooky,i was there just before these pics were taken (with my little girl).The workman was having a quick 2 minutes,stood exactly at the same place.We must have passed,like ships in the night.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

Si wrote: Very interesting. Your shots show that the cellars extended under the now demolished in-fill building, as well as the Cloth Hall itself.Where's the first picture taken from? Round the back, or Hills' wall?     Si the first shot is Hills wall (and door, wonder when they last used that) actually I believe that behind that door you would turn left and go up some steps.The ones at the back of the buildings are further up in the post and are the ones with the blue hoist on.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

cnosni saidThats spooky,i was there just before these pics were taken (with my little girl).The workman was having a quick 2 minutes,stood exactly at the same place.We must have passed,like ships in the night.Actually he was there when I walked past going to the market and still there when I walked back ... lol

Si

Post by Si »

buffaloskinner wrote: Si wrote: Very interesting. Your shots show that the cellars extended under the now demolished in-fill building, as well as the Cloth Hall itself.Where's the first picture taken from? Round the back, or Hills' wall?     Si the first shot is Hills wall (and door, wonder when they last used that) actually I believe that behind that door you would turn left and go up some steps.The ones at the back of the buildings are further up in the post and are the ones with the blue hoist on. Cheers, BS.Mebbe the builder bloke is just a mannequin, put there to make it look like they're busier?     

tilly

Post by tilly »

Si wrote: buffaloskinner wrote: Si wrote: Very interesting. Your shots show that the cellars extended under the now demolished in-fill building, as well as the Cloth Hall itself.Where's the first picture taken from? Round the back, or Hills' wall?     Si the first shot is Hills wall (and door, wonder when they last used that) actually I believe that behind that door you would turn left and go up some steps.The ones at the back of the buildings are further up in the post and are the ones with the blue hoist on. Cheers, BS.Mebbe the builder bloke is just a mannequin, put there to make it look like they're busier?      Unless he works for the council but then there would have been three or four of them. lol
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.