Trinity Leeds Project

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Attachments
__TFMF_qnideqayqymchg45f2kxsqrr_416ede1e-2161-4bf1-ac1f-3b7d1197025f_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_qnideqayqymchg45f2kxsqrr_416ede1e-2161-4bf1-ac1f-3b7d1197025f_0_main.jpg (40.03 KiB) Viewed 6809 times
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Reginal Perrin

Post by Reginal Perrin »

Chrism wrote: is back on folks!http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... 6431734.jp i think this is brilliant news. They had the guy from Land Securities on and they've already tied up over 50% of the leases (why didn't they manage this with The Core or are they waiting for Apple to take over the whole thing, ha ha ha) before it got the greeen light.They were also interviewing some locals and unbelievably some were thinking it was not a great thing, that we had enough shops already. Well would they rather have a hole in the ground than a brand new arcade? How can it be a bad thing that Leeds has been given such a boost by the biggest landlord int he country? If Land Securities say Leeds can support more shops and do so above any other city at this moment in time then things look good for us.
Ravioli, ravioli followed by ravioli. I happen to like ravioli.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

There is a Trinity Leeds Project webcam that has been live since at least late March 2009 as I have regularly looked at it and saved some images. This is the link (hopefully it works!) http://webcam-leeds.stage.lldev.co.uk/ It does not update often but it usually does at least once a day. It has been interesting seeing the changes from when the project was active to the recent inactive spell.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Reginal Perrin wrote: Chrism wrote: is back on folks!http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... 6431734.jp i think this is brilliant news. They had the guy from Land Securities on and they've already tied up over 50% of the leases (why didn't they manage this with The Core or are they waiting for Apple to take over the whole thing, ha ha ha) before it got the greeen light.They were also interviewing some locals and unbelievably some were thinking it was not a great thing, that we had enough shops already. Well would they rather have a hole in the ground than a brand new arcade? How can it be a bad thing that Leeds has been given such a boost by the biggest landlord int he country? If Land Securities say Leeds can support more shops and do so above any other city at this moment in time then things look good for us. As I've posted elsewhere, the big name retailers going into Trinity are most likely to be simply relocating from elsewhere in the city centre to take advantage of tempting introductory leases. So it will probably just result in empty units somewhere else.The Plaza (Bond Street) and The Core (Schofields) have had many, many empty units for as long as I can remember and even during the 'boom' seemed incapable of filling these empty shops. In fact I'm struggling to think of a reason to visit either of then unless it's raining and I want to stay dry.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

They're both pokey places that are uncomfortable to use.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Cardiarms wrote: They're both pokey places that are uncomfortable to use. I'd agree - the Bond Street in particular was made much worse when they remodelled it inside to get all those extra shops that now stand empty. It was much more user friendly (and busier) before they messed about with it.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

raveydavey wrote: Cardiarms wrote: They're both pokey places that are uncomfortable to use. I'd agree - the Bond Street in particular was made much worse when they remodelled it inside to get all those extra shops that now stand empty. It was much more user friendly (and busier) before they messed about with it. It's always the same if you stop and think - however grand the presentation it is, as you say, the same companies, maybe different arms, where ever you go. On my one and only trip to Meadow Hall (sorry Davey boy), it felt as though I'd done no more than walk up one side of Brigate and down the other, apart from becoming ill and ending up in hospital that is - never going back There is much to be said for smaller retailers and the more diverse choice they can offer if people wish to support them.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

I also have to correct look bored(north) who tonight insisted this was the first shopping development in the country to be commenced after the credit crunch. well I don't think the plans have changed since they were "mothballed", after demolition, at the onset of the credit crunch which makes it recommenced rather than started. And presumably they have forgotten they reported within the last 3 months of another Trinity development, in Wakefield, that did recommence (and even when I was in the southwest was reported as the first signs of developments being recommenced!!)
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Yes, we have the Trinity go ahead in Gateshead too, and the 'nibbler' will start on the Get Carter car park on Monday.Awww. 'snot fair. There's no fun now there's no Fred Dibnah style plunger moment.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Apparentlt Next will be moving there,their present store on Albion Street already has a new occuipr to step in.The Core has got to be the worst shopping centre ever,its gone from an open airy (admittedley cheesy 80's) fairly full centre to series of long (currently empty)corridors all boarded up abd ready for Rolf Harris to do the world record doodle on.Even whe (if ever) it takes off it will be even more soulless than the Plaza.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]