Fearnville House on Dibb Lane

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
cakeisyummy7

Post by cakeisyummy7 »

If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!

LS1

Post by LS1 »

I'm sure if you go to the town hall you can get your birth certificate there and then. You don't have to send away for anything as time consuming as that...Good luck on the search though...

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

LS1 wrote: I'm sure if you go to the town hall you can get your birth certificate there and then. You don't have to send away for anything as time consuming as that...Good luck on the search though... Small problem there LS1 , Tracey lives in Scarborough so probably isn't here much during 'office hours', but otherwise yes that would be quicker, if that's possible Tracey?

LS1

Post by LS1 »

chameleon wrote: LS1 wrote: I'm sure if you go to the town hall you can get your birth certificate there and then. You don't have to send away for anything as time consuming as that...Good luck on the search though... Small problem there LS1 , Tracey lives in Scarborough so probably isn't here much during 'office hours', but otherwise yes that would be quicker, if that's possible Tracey? Oh yeah, didnt notice, been a heavy weekend!!Just a point, but people have been referring to "The Grange" and "Fearnville".Are they the same building "Fearnville Grange" or are they two seperate ones?

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

LS1 wrote: chameleon wrote: LS1 wrote: I'm sure if you go to the town hall you can get your birth certificate there and then. You don't have to send away for anything as time consuming as that...Good luck on the search though... Small problem there LS1 , Tracey lives in Scarborough so probably isn't here much during 'office hours', but otherwise yes that would be quicker, if that's possible Tracey? Oh yeah, didnt notice, been a heavy weekend!!Just a point, but people have been referring to "The Grange" and "Fearnville".Are they the same building "Fearnville Grange" or are they two seperate ones? The Grange (was) seperate to Fearnville LS1, more info in the Asket Hall thread amongst others - heavy weekend yup, and this weather doesn't help, I need more daylight!

Bramley4woods

Post by Bramley4woods »

LS1 wrote: I'm sure if you go to the town hall you can get your birth certificate there and then. You don't have to send away for anything as time consuming as that...Good luck on the search though... You can order one on t'internet here :http://www.bmd-certificates.co.uk/registry/leeds.html
We wanted to make Leeds a better place for the future - but we're losing it. The tide is going out beneath our feet.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

I've got a pic of Fearnville house. I'll get round to putting a few more on here when I've sorted them out. I've got one on flickr now herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/3015968899/You could see inside a bit, It looks pretty trashed to be honest.
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Phill_dvsn wrote: I've got a pic of Fearnville house. I'll get round to putting a few more on here when I've sorted them out. I've got one on flickr now herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/3015968899/You could see inside a bit, It looks pretty trashed to be honest. Well dome Phill - sounds like the familiar 'listed disaster story'     

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

I'll get some more pics up by tomorrow. The good news is the place is double tin sheeted like Fort Knox. The bad news is It's ruined inside tho!
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

cakeisyummy7

Post by cakeisyummy7 »

Thankyou so much Phil for that picture...Ive just had an email from Aunty in Canada and she has more or less confirmed that the house in your picture, is the house i was born in. She said it was within walking distance of Hollin Park because my mum used to push me in the pram to see her and im sure Hollin Park is not so far away. How many houses can their be in that small an area called Fearnville on Dib Lane? I think i know now in my heart that it is the house in my picture, but for some reason i dont feel i can believe it one hundred percent. Maybe because ive dreamed of seeing it for so long but never thought it would become a reality!A huge thankyou from the bottom of my heart...Tracy.    
If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!