Fearnville House on Dibb Lane

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Brunel

Post by Brunel »

Went to have a look at this today.Very dilapidated, broken rainwater pipes.The building is sealed tight, double metal on the windows.The main drive has been blocked for security, but there is still a considerable amount of builders rubbish been dumped.The two large gateposts nearer Oakwood Ln. do not look as if connected with this building.Posted some pics. here, it is a Flash presentation, might take a while to load.http://www.thelocoworks.talktalk.net/FearnvilleLeft and Right arrows on large pic. move forwards/back etc.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Brunel wrote: Went to have a look at this today.Very dilapidated, broken rainwater pipes.The building is sealed tight, double metal on the windows.The main drive has been blocked for security, but there is still a considerable amount of builders rubbish been dumped.The two large gateposts nearer Oakwood Ln. do not look as if connected with this building.Posted some pics. here, it is a Flash presentation, might take a while to load.http://www.thelocoworks.talktalk.net/FearnvilleLeft and Right arrows on large pic. move forwards/back etc. Well sealed should help keep the opportunist pickers out Brunel, so long as they leave the roof and walls standing there should be something left to work with - far more than the poor old Grange in Seacroft has got.

cakeisyummy7

Post by cakeisyummy7 »

Im over the moon at the pictures that have been posted... i just can't say how much it means to me to see them. To see so many pictures of the house that i was born in is beyond words, ive wanted to see the house for years and was so sure that it wouldnt be their anymore and i couldnt believe it when i joined secret leeds and found out that it was still standing. Thankyou to everyone for all the information you have given on here, it means more than words... thankyou all!!Is their any way that i could save these pictures to my hardrive, i tried but it wouldnt work? Any help would be lovely thankyou Take care everyone,Tracy x x    
If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

cakeisyummy7 wrote: Im over the moon at the pictures that have been posted... i just can't say how much it means to me to see them. To see so many pictures of the house that i was born in is beyond words, ive wanted to see the house for years and was so sure that it wouldnt be their anymore and i couldnt believe it when i joined secret leeds and found out that it was still standing. Thankyou to everyone for all the information you have given on here, it means more than words... thankyou all!!Is their any way that i could save these pictures to my hardrive, i tried but it wouldnt work? Any help would be lovely thankyou Take care everyone,Tracy x x     Not sure on that one - Brunel, could you be of help with this for our friend here? She's been following this one closely but as yet has been unable to visit as she hoped.

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

I will send the best ones to her via email .Sent 'em as a series of separate messages, 3 pics in each.These are smaller copies, if larger versions are req. for printing, just let me know.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Brunel wrote: I will send the best ones to her via email Brilliant old boy! If you read back I think you'll see how much they'll be appreciated.

cakeisyummy7

Post by cakeisyummy7 »

Thankyou sooooo much! It really is appreciated and you have all been so kind and nice, it means so much x x x x Take good care,Tracy x    
If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

chameleon wrote: Brunel wrote: Went to have a look at this today.Very dilapidated, broken rainwater pipes.The building is sealed tight, double metal on the windows.The main drive has been blocked for security, but there is still a considerable amount of builders rubbish been dumped.The two large gateposts nearer Oakwood Ln. do not look as if connected with this building.Posted some pics. here, it is a Flash presentation, might take a while to load.http://www.thelocoworks.talktalk.net/FearnvilleLeft and Right arrows on large pic. move forwards/back etc. Well sealed should help keep the opportunist pickers out Brunel, so long as they leave the roof and walls standing there should be something left to work with - far more than the poor old Grange in Seacroft has got. Looks like someone's had a go at getting in on a couple of the pix.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

Brunel wrote: Went to have a look at this today.The two large gateposts nearer Oakwood Ln. do not look as if connected with this building. On old maps the posts are by the gatehouse and the drive runs through the posts and cuts back to the house.