Fearnville House on Dibb Lane

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Phill_dvsn wrote: There's this bit of info about it.Eddisons Northern Property Auction attracts Leeds investorsThe residential sector was once again the stronger performer at the recent Northern Property Auction held in Leeds by leading property auctioneers Eddisons.Of the 39 residential lots offered 24 (62%) were successfully sold, which included those sold both prior to and after the auction, achieving total sales of £3.3 million.One lot which attracted significant interest was Fearnville House on Dibb Lane Rounday, Leeds which sold on the instructions of Leeds City Council for £228,000 off a guide price of £50,000 plus. The Grade II listed detached property is currently arranged as 5 apartments in grounds of approximately 0.96 acres but suffers from dry rot infestation and requires complete renovation. Just like so many others treasures with the status of questionable worth, being Grade 11 listed buildings eh Phill? Leave them long enough and the problem falls down! Sarcastic perhaps but sadly true.

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

As far as I knew the large house on Dib Lane Leeds 8 is The Grange, and Fearnville, another large house was demolished years ago. If you pass the grange, on the left is an old gatepost I think was the start of the drive for Fearnville. May be wrong but I think that is the case and will check it.

cakeisyummy7

Post by cakeisyummy7 »

I looked at the posts you all kindly left for me and from the one about fearnville house being sold by leeds council i managed to find this and just thought i would post it incase it is of interest to anyone... http://www.eddisons.com/pages/home_page ... 27&Page=4I really do not know if this IS the house i was born in because the picture doesnt really show much of the house and also the picture i actully own just shows the house from one side. Its really frustrating because i want to know so much... patience, they say, is a virtue, unfortunately it isnt one i have right now!I was told as i was growing up by someone that i was born in Bramley, BUT i cant remember who or when and now im faced with the fact that i may not have been born in Bramley, but Fearnville and Dibb Lane definately are correct... back to the internet for more hours of searching, which i feel now is going to be a long job, i just hope it will be worth it in the end.. just having this picture is, im now feeling, not nearly enough to go on! Thankyou for your help so far and if anyone else has anything to add at all, however small, it will be so appreciated.Take care,Tracy.
If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!

cakeisyummy7

Post by cakeisyummy7 »

Oh, i just remembered that in the posts left that you thought the house was called The Grange and that you said you thought Fearnville had been pulled down, but the link to the web page i posted says Fearnville. Im confused to say the least and hope that an answer to this will come soon...

cakeisyummy7

Post by cakeisyummy7 »

Im getting excited now.....Ive just been on Google maps and the house that apparently was sold by Leeds City Council as Fearnville House in, i think September of this year (so still standing which is why i got my hopes up and looked on Google) is actually right in the middle of all the streets around it that have Fearnville as part of their names and is situated to the right side of Dib Lane... The house that im supposing was called The Grange, if it was a manor type house like Fearnville, appears not to be on the map. The streets around where im presuming it used to be are all called The Grange, avenue etc etc... their is a new build within these streets that i think are called The Grange Mews or something, im not exactly certain and you could look on Google maps and zoom in to see for yourself but the Grange and Fearnville do seem to be two specifically named seperate areas.... this is why i feel that maybe this house is the house i was born in....Now i just have to find some pictures of this house to try and match it to my photo of where i was born, to see if this is my birthplace.... SO anyone who has any ideas at all, i will love you forever!!!!!! I am so grateful to you for giving me the time and info that you have because i would not have found all this without you...Take care,Tracy x

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Probably because of their proximity, these have been confused a few times in the threads. I think this picture from Google Earth was posted in the other thread, which is the house wthat is NOT the Grange!I tis also vissible on Live Search Maps which are more recent but perhaps we should wait to see if Parksider can still find it.A simple step, do you have a copy of your full Birth Certificate? This should show your place of birth but the detail in which this is recorded does vary, at the very least it should hopefully say either Bramley or Roundhay/Oakwood/Seacroft. Might help a little - don't give up, I've known it take my wife weeks or months looking for just one link, something I think cnosni will echo from his experiences.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

chameleon wrote: . This time, the picture (it's getting late!)
Attachments
__TFMF_f2p3gw45l33jx555odiwv2ip_20f2ef5a-e3b9-4ab2-af50-9f88500a98f6_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_f2p3gw45l33jx555odiwv2ip_20f2ef5a-e3b9-4ab2-af50-9f88500a98f6_0_main.jpg (135.09 KiB) Viewed 2823 times

cakeisyummy7

Post by cakeisyummy7 »

Thought you may find this interesting, i found it on Google Maps...http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?utm_campa ... =tourTracy.

cakeisyummy7

Post by cakeisyummy7 »

Chameleon, I owe you an apology.. ive just come back to Secret Leeds after being on Google Maps for ages, very addictive.. to see that you posted the Google Pic, which i didnt see before i posted the link... great minds think alike?It is late so will call it a day, i am excited now and feel that something may be coming of all this serching and kind help ive been given. I will send for a full birth certificate, thankyou for the thought.Have a good nights sleep, take care.Tracy.

cakeisyummy7

Post by cakeisyummy7 »

I may have to get on a bus and find this house, it looks like their isnt an access road so wondering if its been empty for a number of years?Maybe if anyone lives within walking or driving distance, they may want to explore???????Being cheeky i know but someone may read the threads and be intrigued just a little... (smiling)Tracy.