Leeds Library

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Beefish

Post by Beefish »

30 odd years ago my mum used to leave me in the children's Library while she went to the "grownup" library next door (they were in separate rooms then). I got bored and wandered out into the corridor between the 2 rooms and found a glass door that was open. I opened it and went down some steps into a tiled basement room where there was a huge gold coach with red seats. It was full of rubbish and fag ends. I didn't stay long as I knew I shouldn't be there and I went back up to the the children's library where my mum collected me. I never found the door open again but my dad said it was the coach used by Queen Victoria when she opened the Town Hall. Does anyone else know anything about this or what happened to the coach? I mean the Central Library next the ART gallery and the TOWN hall.Beefish

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Thread moved:General Chat -> Unusual buildings and structures===========this seems an intriguing story beefish - unfortunately i haven't got a clue myself!dsco
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.