Horsforth, Conker Alley, House, Swimming Pool and Tennis Court

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Pez

Post by Pez »

Does anybody have any information or remember the old house in Cragg Wood. There was a tree lined alley leading to it from Outwood Lane. It also had a tennis court and large outdoor swimming pool. When we were young in the late 70's early 80's the house was derelect and slowly fell into ruin. The pool was always full of water and froze in winter. The trees were great for conkering. The story was that the large stone table in the basement was where the sacrifices were made but it was just a keeping slab. It was all a bit spooky when you were young.    

bramley13

Post by bramley13 »

funny you should mention this,i was going up outwood lane the other day,and was wondering what happened to the spooky house, as i used to go there around the same time as you.it was somwhere behind the feild where the horses were.everyone said it was haunted.it would be nice to find out who it beloned to,it was a big place.whoever owned it at one time must have had a lot of money.

Pez

Post by Pez »

Spoke with my Dad last night and he seemed to think it was originally owned by a family called Wilkinson. Apparantly they owned the quarry which used to be up Butcher Hill and they also made bricks there aswell. Not sure if that was the old "Horsforth Brick" company. Perhaps that's why the swimming pool was made from brickwork. He did not know why or when it fell into ruin though.

brett21

Re: Horsforth, Conker Alley, House, Swimming Pool and Tennis Court

Post by brett21 »

Hey guys,

How can arrange my swimming pool for a big bash pool party, guys please give me some suggestions for making my pool part amazing.

Thanks in advance.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

brett21 wrote:Hey guys,

How can arrange my swimming pool for a big bash pool party, guys please give me some suggestions for making my pool part amazing.

Thanks in advance.
:?: :?: :?: :?:

I don't know what you think this site is about but you are on the wrong site for information about pool partys mate, try Facebook to answer your questions :arrow:
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

You Could Always Try.
"summer waves metal frames at poolside."

billy the buffalo

Post by billy the buffalo »

Didn't I once read that the man that first swam the channel captain Webb trained in a swimming pool on outwood lane. ?

billy the buffalo

Post by billy the buffalo »

Didn't I once read that the man that first swam the channel captain Webb trained in a swimming pool on outwood lane. ?