ace new (up to date) Microsoft virtual earth!

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

I take some of it back Brandy, been playing with the rotation tool and at least one view of my house is in the region of 8 months old, but another is definately much older.Looking at the Birds Eye views, I do now also wonder if they are of aircraft origin, rather than from the higher altitude birds probably used for the basic ariel views.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Chrism wrote: The bit for our house is well out of date. We've been here 16 months and the previous owners car is on our drive!! i was talking about the images of the leeds area what with this being "secret leeds" not "secret Rugeley, Staffordshire"lol    
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Scotteh2k8

Post by Scotteh2k8 »

a few months old? Looking at my house I dont even have a driveway there, and the driveway has been built in literally around 8 years... even Tesco Extra isn't built up....Google Earth has recently been updated however if you download it. Think its around a year out of date, as opposed to 15!
For every action, there is a reaction

Scotteh2k8

Post by Scotteh2k8 »

Actually, its very strange how its all much more up to date on the 3D than what it is on Aerial 2D

Scotteh2k8

Post by Scotteh2k8 »

Yeah I know this is looking like spam now lols but it cant be anymore than a year out of date cause I just checked my girlfriends house and her red Peugot 106 is there, which shes only had a year

Reginal Perrin

Post by Reginal Perrin »

Several years out of date for LS26.
Ravioli, ravioli followed by ravioli. I happen to like ravioli.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Reginal Perrin wrote: Several years out of date for LS26. even on the birdseye view?
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Scotteh2k8 wrote: Yeah I know this is looking like spam now lols but it cant be anymore than a year out of date cause I just checked my girlfriends house and her red Peugot 106 is there, which shes only had a year i wouldn't call it spam it's more of a self-inflicted contradictory.you have gone from 8yrs to 12 mths in 2 minutes lolanyhow the point i was making was about the birds-eye button not Microsoft V earth in general, because it is common knowledge that its at least 2 1/2 yrs old, if people would just read what i actually wrote instead of trying to prove people wrong(for some reason)then they would have found out that i was talking about the"up to date(ish)" BIRDSEYE FEATURE not VIRTUAL EARTH in general. Thats why i say at the start of this thread " zoom in and press the birdseye button"I don't say "go onto Virtual earth and have a look at the 2D version that's roughly 2yrs old" do i??    

simonm

Post by simonm »

About 2 years out of date for me, still shows the caravan in the drive. Much grainier than Google earth as well.    
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

simonm wrote: About 2 years out of date for me, still shows the caravan in the drive. Much grainier than Google earth as well.     first pic city square/google earth    
Attachments
__TFMF_mmylsa45kxr0cxu2gq20wo55_65ab4cc6-d8de-49de-85ae-c0f542b65cd7_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_mmylsa45kxr0cxu2gq20wo55_65ab4cc6-d8de-49de-85ae-c0f542b65cd7_0_main.jpg (118.44 KiB) Viewed 2226 times