Poster Message
Leodian
User

Joined on:
10-Jun-2010 12:33:50
Posted:
4618 posts
# Posted on: 10-Jun-2011 20:55:06.  

About a year or so back now I was passing through Millennium Square when I noticed a door was open in a structure next to Calverley Street. From what I know that is the (or an) entry to the underground rooms that are for use by acts that perform in Millennium Square. The rooms no doubt though may make a good escape from zombies! I did not dare to go through the door to have a nosey around to see what actually is in there as I assumed there must have been someone inside, unless the last person had forgotten to lock the door (I've never seen it open since then).

chameleon
Administrator

Joined on:
29-Mar-2007 22:46:49
Posted:
5418 posts
# Posted on: 10-Jun-2011 23:02:46.  

Leodian wrote:
About a year or so back now I was passing through Millennium Square when I noticed a door was open in a structure next to Calverley Street. From what I know that is the (or an) entry to the underground rooms that are for use by acts that perform in Millennium Square. The rooms no doubt though may make a good escape from zombies! I did not dare to go through the door to have a nosey around to see what actually is in there as I assumed there must have been someone inside, unless the last person had forgotten to lock the door (I've never seen it open since then).

Dressing rooms for the heatre are below ground and there is storage for event gear there, an entrance to the tunnel from the station to the Gaumont joining to the Civic Hall and of course, a suspected link to Kirkstall AbbeyWinkWinkWink
(It's getting late.)

Emial:    info@secretleeds.com
Personal: amenableone@yahoo.co.uk

Leodian
User

Joined on:
Posted:
4618 posts
# Posted on: 10-Jun-2011 23:14:46.  

chameleon wrote:
Leodian wrote:

Dressing rooms for the heatre are below ground and there is storage for event gear there, an entrance to the tunnel from the station to the Gaumont joining to the Civic Hall and of course, a suspected link to Kirkstall AbbeyWinkWinkWink
(It's getting late.)

"suspected link to Kirkstall Abbey". So it is not definite then. Shucks, I was looking forward to going in at the Abbey and coming out in the centre of Leeds (with my luck though the door would be locked at Millennium Square). Regular Smiley

Steve Jones
User

Joined on:
18-Jan-2008 19:11:33
Posted:
1382 posts
# Posted on: 10-Jun-2011 23:43:59.  

and as numerous films have shown,being trapped underground with zombies is not a good idea...
Steve Jones
I don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

jim
User

Joined on:
17-May-2009 14:39:44
Posted:
1540 posts
# Posted on: 18-Jul-2012 15:29:07.  

Walking along Water Lane today I noticed official looking notices attached to traffic sign posts in Marshall Street and David Street advising that from 25-28 July these streets are to be closed to traffic and parked cars daily between 1900-2300.

This is because they will be used for a (and I quote verbatim) "cross city zombie chase game".

You have been warned.    

uncle mick
User

Calverley, Middleton and Hunslet born and bred
Joined on:
14-Jan-2009 11:13:15
Posted:
1172 posts
# Posted on: 18-Jul-2012 15:38:55.  

Info Regular Smiley
http://www.visitleeds.co.uk/thedms.aspx?dms=13&venue=2198306&feature=1012

somme1916
User

somewhere in t'middle o' leeds/wakey hinterland
Joined on:
03-Mar-2012 00:09:53
Posted:
982 posts
# Posted on: 18-Jul-2012 20:30:48.  

jim wrote:
Walking along Water Lane today I noticed official looking notices attached to traffic sign posts in Marshall Street and David Street advising that from 25-28 July these streets are to be closed to traffic and parked cars daily between 1900-2300.

This is because they will be used for a (and I quote verbatim) "cross city zombie chase game".

You have been warned.    

That's complete Madness.....won't be anybody coming out of Alec's barbers then who did a "mean cut"....pity,shut down years ago.The hair styles were a bit zombified !

I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

raveydavey
User

Joined on:
22-Mar-2007 20:29:07
Posted:
2821 posts
# Posted on: 18-Jul-2012 20:44:42.  

jim wrote:

You have been warned.    

In that area, at that time of night, there are likely to be much worse sights than a few zombies wandering about... Wink
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell  
Riponian
User

Home Ripon, Work Armley and the no 36 in between
Joined on:
08-Jan-2009 15:58:59
Posted:
212 posts
# Posted on: 18-Jul-2012 20:50:45.  

Should the zombies stumble into the Leeds City Council planning offices during working hours they'd soon be wandering out, there's barely a snack in there!
I like work. I can watch it for hours. 
Leodian
User

Joined on:
Posted:
4618 posts
# Posted on: 18-Jul-2012 22:46:33.  

The repsonses have made me Regular Smiley.

I wonder what the legal position is if a zombie is killed, as surely someone cannot be charged with murdering somebody that is already dead!

Si
Administrator

Joined on:
10-Oct-2007 11:52:40
Posted:
4479 posts
# Posted on: 19-Jul-2012 10:10:21.  

Leodian wrote:

I wonder what the legal position is if a zombie is killed, as surely someone cannot be charged with murdering somebody that is already dead!

That would come under triple jeopardy, I believe...

York Road Lad
User

Joined on:
04-Aug-2010 00:07:24
Posted:
72 posts
# Posted on: 19-Jul-2012 11:32:50.  

tilly wrote:
I would make for the Civic Hall you can bet your life they will have some where safe to go.    

Problem is, Tilly, it's full of zombies already!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be. 
Leodian
User

Joined on:
Posted:
4618 posts
# Posted on: 19-Jul-2012 12:20:04.  

Si wrote:
Leodian wrote:

That would come under triple jeopardy, I believe...

That made me Regular Smiley.

BIG N
User

Joined on:
06-Dec-2007 14:59:34
Posted:
419 posts
# Posted on: 20-Jul-2012 02:04:43.  

York Road Lad wrote:

Problem is, Tilly, it's full of zombies already!

Cant be York Road lad - they're not completely dead - just from the neck up

Pages: 1 2